2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 27, 2012 -> 11:32 AM)
@dannyoneil: #Seahawks CB Richard Sherman has been informed he won't be suspended.

It's funny how differently PEDs and other drugs are looked upon in football & baseball. People are congratulating Sherman for not getting suspended, while so many are anti-Ryan Braun.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 27, 2012 -> 11:02 AM)
I wonder how many "Bears fans" actually feel that way. And I know there will be some out there but I can't imagine there will be too many, right? Right?

They are absolutely out there. And someone's not actually a "Bears fan" if they think that, because they are rooting against the Bears by doing so in this situation.

They are the same people that root for the Bears to win the last game(s) of the season when losing would result in a better draft spot - so no chance at the playoffs anyway. Losing is actually better for the long-term health of the franchise, but they'll still want a meaningless win to make it 6-10 or whatever. Not very logical.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 27, 2012 -> 03:39 PM)
They are absolutely out there. And someone's not actually a "Bears fan" if they think that, because they are rooting against the Bears by doing so in this situation.

They are the same people that root for the Bears to win the last game(s) of the season when losing would result in a better draft spot - so no chance at the playoffs anyway. Losing is actually better for the long-term health of the franchise, but they'll still want a meaningless win to make it 6-10 or whatever. Not very logical.

Some would argue that rooting for the Bears this weekend is not very logical as making the playoffs would hurt the long-term health of the franchise. Just sayin'

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 27, 2012 -> 03:50 PM)
Some would argue that rooting for the Bears this weekend is not very logical as making the playoffs would hurt the long-term health of the franchise. Just sayin'

That's a stretch, but I get it...but it's not black/white like the other 2 scenarios we're talking about where there's no argument on the other side.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 27, 2012 -> 03:50 PM)

I don't see how. I think if Lovie makes the playoffs and loses the first game he's still gone. Tice for sure will still be gone. If they miss the playoffs they're still in the middle of the pack, so the draft pick isn't going to be much better.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 27, 2012 -> 05:12 PM)
I don't see how. I think if Lovie makes the playoffs and loses the first game he's still gone. Tice for sure will still be gone. If they miss the playoffs they're still in the middle of the pack, so the draft pick isn't going to be much better.

I think Lovie would be gone too, but it's not a guarantee. It's not about the draft pick as much, but about the aging players tailor-made for a system that will change with a new coach, whenever that happens.

To be clear, I am rooting for the Bears to make it to the playoffs, cause the future isn't guaranteed and one playoff game is still better than nothing IMO. But it's just something that I have been contemplating in my head.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 27, 2012 -> 08:43 PM)
I think Lovie would be gone too, but it's not a guarantee. It's not about the draft pick as much, but about the aging players tailor-made for a system that will change with a new coach, whenever that happens.

To be clear, I am rooting for the Bears to make it to the playoffs, cause the future isn't guaranteed and one playoff game is still better than nothing IMO. But it's just something that I have been contemplating in my head.

I think Peppers, McClellan, Briggs would all be good in a 3-4 system on defense, Melton would actually make a good DE for that system as well.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Dec 27, 2012 -> 10:36 PM)
I think Peppers, McClellan, Briggs would all be good in a 3-4 system on defense, Melton would actually make a good DE for that system as well.

I agree. It'd be nice to optimize the McClellan pick and switch to the 3-4. An in house Peppers/Paea/Melton-Briggs/Urlacher/Roach/McClellan could be pretty sexy.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 27, 2012 -> 10:18 PM)
?

The Bears often bring out the worst in Chicagoans. Listening to the Score embodies this perfectly, even most of the personalities on there are caricature versions of our fans.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 27, 2012 -> 12:16 PM)
It's funny how differently PEDs and other drugs are looked upon in football & baseball. People are congratulating Sherman for not getting suspended, while so many are anti-Ryan Braun.

You can kill someone in football and it's OK if you can still tackle or score.

I know we always joke about the meatball fans and everything, but I honestly havent come across a single person who said they want the Vikings to win for the single reason that theyre playing the Packers even though it could cost the Bears the playoffs.

I want the Vikings to win because it could cost GB a bye and thus hurt their chances of reaching the Super Bowl, and the Bears aren't going anywhere even if they do make it in. I have better things to do on January 5 than watch the Bears lose by 30+ at SF.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 28, 2012 -> 12:08 AM)
The Bears often bring out the worst in Chicagoans. Listening to the Score embodies this perfectly, even most of the personalities on there are caricature versions of our fans.

The Score searches out the worst of the worst for ratings. I'm not even sure that half of their callers are real.