2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (daa84 @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 04:25 PM)
Megatron vs peanut - 4 catches and 53 yards per game

Vs rest of NFL - 7.8 catches 127.6 yards per game

How much you want to bet he was counting down yards by Johnson the whole game, and had said "he's not getting to 2k on me".

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 03:38 PM)
Playing in Seattle? Tough place.

Neither would be fun, but I think I'd rather the Bears play the Seahawks. My choice would definitely be the Seahawks, if not for that great homefield advantage. On teams alone, the Niners scare me more.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 03:50 PM)
What do you guys think about Henry Melton handling short yardage situations in the playoffs?

Uh oh, ADP being ADP.

May not have to worry about it.............. If GB does not stop AP!

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 03:42 PM)
Neither would be fun, but I think I'd rather the Bears play the Seahawks. My choice would definitely be the Seahawks, if not for that great homefield advantage. On teams alone, the Niners scare me more.

I'd rather have the Bears play SF. Their defense seems like it has been getting lit up lately.

The Bears D can't stop mobile QB's, and I feel Wilson is the much better QB.

Those 2 combined make me think the Bears have a better shot at SF, but both would be difficult.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 12:07 PM)
I don't remember it being a serious issue, but it may be, because we keep cutting and waiving him and no one else seems to pick him up.

Offense has to put up something here.

His fumbles were a very big issue. Whenever I see Bell, he looks good (outside of the fumbles). Lets go Packers. Convert in the red zone here.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 12:10 PM)
Sigh.

I really can't remember the last time I saw the Bears put up a consistent, long-duration, multiplay drive.

Hard to do so when you constantly ruin momentum. Whether it is calling TO's when you can't get the play in time, having false starts, or the countless dropped balls.

Wow...what a move by Jennings to get the 1st down in the red zone.!!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 12:27 PM)
Earl Bennett earning that contract today.

Irritating that the Bears have had so many issues keeping both Bennett and Jeffrey on the field at the same time. They have the ability. Nice to see Cutler target other guys and Forte had a couple early screens which he did a good job on (where those have been all year is beyond me).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 12:52 PM)
I was wrong. Just a terrible playcall/setup. Need 4 yards, try to get 25 by throwing into double coverage down along the sideline. brilliant.

Ya...I was shaking my head at that. Terrible idea. You have two physical ass wide-outs, run a freaking slant.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 12:57 PM)
The new kickoff rules pretty much eliminated Hesters value on kickoff returns.

Hester ruined his value on kick-offs. Anyone with two eyes can see he's slow as s*** out there. No burst at all. He hasn't been special in years. The last few returns he had were due to blocking. Been a long time since he broke off a big run because of his ability. Guy is one of the most overrated players of all time.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 04:24 PM)
Irritating that the Bears have had so many issues keeping both Bennett and Jeffrey on the field at the same time. They have the ability. Nice to see Cutler target other guys and Forte had a couple early screens which he did a good job on (where those have been all year is beyond me).

What kills the Bears is WR depth and a TE. When all of our WRs are healthy, we have the weapons, but when Jeffrey and/or Bennett are hurt, we have Hester/Weems playing meaningful snaps. Next year, if we could sign Jared Cook or Dustin Keller as FAs and add a WR through the draft, I think that is all the added weapons we need. Then just focus on the line.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 01:42 PM)

Go Pack...Go...I'll take either but would prefer the Niners.