2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 05:39 PM)
Every time we go to SF, we get our asses absolutely handed to us.

We've played them 2 times at home in the last 4 years, lost 10-6 one time then had Jason Cambell then next....I'm not saying they'll beat San Fran but I don't think we'll get our asses handed to us.

If they even make it...way to go Pack.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 02:45 PM)
Minnesota should not have gotten that TD. Their biggest play was a fluke.

Their biggest play was a bad call. It was clearly incomplete but GB had no timeouts to challenge. Come on Pack...lets have a successful 1 minute drill.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 02:45 PM)
Well this is what happens when you don't control your fate, it rests in the hands of others. Bears have only themselves to blame.

Luckily, Aaron Rodgers and the Packers offense still can still put up points.

Completely agree...being in this position is on the Bears.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 05:45 PM)
Well this is what happens when you don't control your fate, it rests in the hands of others. Bears have only themselves to blame.

Luckily, Aaron Rodgers and the Packers offense still can still put up points.

Aaron Rodgers will not be held to

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 04:47 PM)
Their biggest play was a bad call. It was clearly incomplete but GB had no timeouts to challenge. Come on Pack...lets have a successful 1 minute drill.

Packers coaches have Bears syndrome this week.

I think we are talking about the same play. That was a lucky play.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 05:55 PM)
Problem is Packers D is playing very undisciplined. Have to hope the Vikings turn the ball over a couple times in the 2nd half.

The Packers will get a stop or two. I have no doubt about that. They may not stop them every drive, but they'll get a stop or two.

Their offense is where the difference will be. If the Vikings hold them to 13 in the 2nd half, they win. If the Vikings give up 21, they're in trouble.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 05:27 PM)
Hester ruined his value on kick-offs. Anyone with two eyes can see he's slow as s*** out there. No burst at all. He hasn't been special in years. The last few returns he had were due to blocking. Been a long time since he broke off a big run because of his ability. Guy is one of the most overrated players of all time.

The Bears got more out of Hester than they could have imagined. Yes he'll be gone this year, yes the coaching staff has screwed up with him royally by trying to make him a WR, but he's still been an incredible show.

If there's one thing I'm disappointed in, it's that he didn't break the record with the Bears. He'll sign with someone else next year, be motivated again, be return-focused, and get a TD or two.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 02:59 PM)
The Bears got more out of Hester than they could have imagined. Yes he'll be gone this year, yes the coaching staff has screwed up with him royally by trying to make him a WR, but he's still been an incredible show.

If there's one thing I'm disappointed in, it's that he didn't break the record with the Bears. He'll sign with someone else next year, be motivated again, be return-focused, and get a TD or two.

See, I don't buy the argument that using Hester as a wideout made him suck as a returner. It isn't like he was on the field a ton. If he couldn't play in 15 plays a game plus special teams, that is downright pathetic. I agree Bears got a lot out of Hester but I also believe the Bears blocking unit doesn't get near the credit it should. THey were a probowl return unit before Hester and I expect them to be again after Hester. Fact is Toub works.

Hester hasn't been explosive in a few years (that includes 2 years ago when he got hot again). Those returns were much more system returns then Hester being special. Early in his career Hester was amazing (truly electric cuts, etc). Not sure what happened but I haven't seen that explosiveness in 3-4 years.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 06:00 PM)
See, I don't buy the argument that using Hester as a wideout made him suck as a returner. It isn't like he was on the field a ton. If he couldn't play in 15 plays a game plus special teams, that is downright pathetic. I agree Bears got a lot out of Hester but I also believe the Bears blocking unit doesn't get near the credit it should. THey were a probowl return unit before Hester and I expect them to be again after Hester. Fact is Toub works.

Hester hasn't been explosive in a few years (that includes 2 years ago when he got hot again). Those returns were much more system returns then Hester being special. Early in his career Hester was amazing (truly electric cuts, etc). Not sure what happened but I haven't seen that explosiveness in 3-4 years.

I think the problem with him being on the field as a WR is it made him get hurt a few times. With as fast as he was when he came in, a tweak of an ankle or a hamstring was the difference between an 80 yard return and a 15 yard return.

So yeah, I buy that the WR thing was a problem.

But maybe more so, insisting that he was a WR was a problem because it kept them from filling their WR corps out with...actual WR's who could have helped the team.

Peyton Manning comes off of multiple neck surgeries, misses a full season, signs as a free agent with the Broncos, sets the Broncos team record for throwing yards (hi Elway), and puts his team in the # 1 seed without a loss in the 2nd half of the season.