2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 05:51 PM)
It's pretty much a lock that the rule will change in the offseason. They will keep the penalty, but the "unable to review" portion will be gone.

They need to modify it to accommodate this specific challenge flag issue, but the rule is in place for good reason. I posted it back after the lions game.

Essentially, they want to stop a team from committing a penalty to delay the game to have more time to challenge (preventing a quick snap). It's a broad rule that applies to any penalty, not just disallowed challenges.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 05:53 PM)
Emotions take over sometimes I guess.

This isn't a shot at you cause I know you're just trying to justify it but was that rule not the first thing that popped into everyone's head there? Obviously Jordy and Rodgers were all over it too.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 05:58 PM)
This isn't a shot at you cause I know you're just trying to justify it but was that rule not the first thing that popped into everyone's head there? Obviously Jordy and Rodgers were all over it too.

Refs took a while to actually make a ruling. I didn't think they were going to even rule fumble on that.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 06:58 PM)

Watching the game at home maybe, but with a first round bye on the line and a clear non fumble how can you not throw that flag out as fast as you can if you're McCarthy?

The rule is stupid, it shouldnt matter if they throw the flag or not. Its going to be reviewed either way. That could have REALLY cost them for sure though.

And it would cost me, I need Green Bay to win to stay alive for the pick em pot for the season. $250 comes my way if Green Bay and Washington can win tonight!