2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 06:50 PM)
Bear players are in a huge comfort zone under Lovie...............time to shake it up and get some results with someone new!

I personally don't think that is the problem. Lovie took a team QBd by Rex Grossman to the Super Bowl. He is a good coach regardless of what Bears fans think. If they want to keep putting off upgrading the offensive line, the next coach will be considered an idiot by the fans as well.they only lost to playoff teams this year.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 06:59 PM)
Time to play "Who stays, who goes"

Stays: Cutler, Marshall, Jeffery, Forte, Bennett, Optimus Peanut, Jennings, Peppers, Melton, Briggs

Goes: Lovie, Tice, Hester, Anyone Else on the Offensive Coaching Staff

GONE: KELLEN. f***ING. DAVIS.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 08:57 PM)
I don't think anyone would call me one of the meathead Bears fans, and I'm in on this. The Bears need to restart.

I'd hate to think that lovies job should come down to the ineptitude of their biggest rival, so you really have to ask yourself would he have been fired if the packers won and bears lost in first round? Whatever the answer is, I hope it's the same as it is now. That said, I love lovie's defense, but he's a BAD head coach and they need to make a change

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 07:55 PM)
Agreed. Kudos to the Vikings.

4 of the 5 Bears losses in their 3-5 finish we're by a TD or less (The blowout being the Jason Campbell game). A competent play caller and a better OL should make up for that.

You can say that for just about every team in the NFL. The Bucs have lost games by 1,2,2,6,7,7,8 this year.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 07:00 PM)
I personally don't think that is the problem. Lovie took a team QBd by Rex Grossman to the Super Bowl. He is a good coach regardless of what Bears fans think. If they want to keep putting off upgrading the offensive line, the next coach will be considered an idiot by the fans as well.

A good coach goes 1-7 against biggest rival and misses playoffs 5 of 6 years. I agree he is a good guy but a very average head coach...........he has had more than ample time in Chicago.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 04:59 PM)
For everyone complaining about the Packers s***ty D today, the Bears faced that D twice and scored 23 points. Total.

No one is doubting the Bears offense sucks. That isn't the point. Peterson and their offense didn't do that to the Bears the two times they played us.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 06:55 PM)
Fan base is not going to accept Lovie getting another shot at this point, that ship has sailed. He needs axed on Black Monday.

What do you mean? If Lovie is the coach they won't go to games? I thin he will be gone, but he isn't in charge of personnel, and that is why the Bears aren't in the playoffs.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 05:00 PM)
I personally don't think that is the problem. Lovie took a team QBd by Rex Grossman to the Super Bowl. He is a good coach regardless of what Bears fans think. If they want to keep putting off upgrading the offensive line, the next coach will be considered an idiot by the fans as well.they only lost to playoff teams this year.

Good coach yes...inability to hire offensive talent...yes. Failure in the end...yes. Lovie will get hired elsewhere and do a good job, but it is time for a change in Chicago.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 05:02 PM)
I'd hate to think that lovies job should come down to the ineptitude of their biggest rival, so you really have to ask yourself would he have been fired if the packers won and bears lost in first round? Whatever the answer is, I hope it's the same as it is now. That said, I love lovie's defense, but he's a BAD head coach and they need to make a change

The reality is, if they make the playoffs, they got themselves in a position to succeed and I'd look past the failure and choke job. But they didn't. I don't think Lovie is a bad coach though, I do think making the playoffs once in six years and choking 2 straight years is a fireable offense. The mistakes being made this late in the season on offense, pathetic. At the end of the day, Lovie hired and fired his guys and had total controls so this is on him.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 07:04 PM)
What do you mean? If Lovie is the coach they won't go to games? I thin he will be gone, but he isn't in charge of personnel, and that is why the Bears aren't in the playoffs.

Iirc he was given a lot of control over personnel when he got his contract after the superbowl. To what degree I don't know, but he was definitely brought into the input circle

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 07:04 PM)

This year Lovie wanted 2 things............experienced backup QB and a backup RB that could play If Forte went down............he got BOTH and still could not make the playoffs. He was in on personnel decisions last off-season. Bear fans will go to games interest would be down.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 07:03 PM)
A good coach goes 1-7 against biggest rival and misses playoffs 5 of 6 years. I agree he is a good guy but a very average head coach...........he has had more than ample time in Chicago.

So you think a better coach would have faired better even with a roster that isn't as good? If the Bears had as nice of a roster as the Packers the past 3 years, I would agree, but they haven't. Changing coaches won't change the results. Look how happy everyone was when Tice became OC. Now he is a dope. If the Bears don't address their OL, they will be lucky to go 10-6 in 2013 no matter who is coaching them.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 05:09 PM)
So you think a better coach would have faired better even with a roster that isn't as good? If the Bears had as nice of a roster as the Packers the past 3 years, I would agree, but they haven't. Changing coaches won't change the results. Look how happy everyone was when Tice became OC. Now he is a dope. If the Bears don't address their OL, they will be lucky to go 10-6 in 2013 no matter who is coaching them.

The oline does suck, but this roster has talent. Defensively loaded and you have playmakers on offense.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 08:09 PM)

Yes, I think that a better coaching job could have done a better job with a worse roster.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 07:09 PM)

You like Lovie as coach and I do not..............NFL is a results league and Lovie's results overall not so good. Lovie If he stays next year, Offense will be in bottom 5 again as always under a Lovie coached team and we are having this conversation again next year!

Edited by Soxfest