2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 11:27 AM)
a buddy just texted me saying Hester is retiring

That blows. I would have liked to see him break Prime Time's record. He can probably get back on track again if he focuses on being a return man.

I could see Lovie being the type of guy that pretty much refuses to become DC unless that is absolutely the only option for him, and at this point I could see him getting plenty of HC interviews.

once guys get a taste of being HC, they dont like going back. And say what you will about lovie, he did leave chicago with a winning record, and that will play very favorably for him on the coach market.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 11:45 AM)
I could see Lovie being the type of guy that pretty much refuses to become DC unless that is absolutely the only option for him, and at this point I could see him getting plenty of HC interviews.

once guys get a taste of being HC, they dont like going back. And say what you will about lovie, he did leave chicago with a winning record, and that will play very favorably for him on the coach market.

Good point...he could probably get a job in a place like Buffalo, as Wite suggests...or Cleveland.

He definitely deserves another shot at HC. Frankly, he just needs to actually hit up a competent OC, which he didn't find here. But you can't survive after woefully ignoring 1 facet every year. For as disciplined and good at execution as we were on the defensive side (and special teams), we were the opposite on offense. Undisciplined, horrible at execution, and just bad.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 31, 2012 -> 12:45 PM)
And say what you will about lovie, he did leave chicago with a winning record, and that will play very favorably for him on the coach market.

And made a Super Bowl with Rex freaking Grossman as his quarterback. The only other starting quarterback in the last 15 years that was as bad as Grossman was Trent Dilfer and he played on a team with arguably the greatest defense of all time. It is nearly impossible to make a Super Bowl with a QB as bad as Grossman starting for you. Lovie will land on his feet, hopefully the Bears don't f*** up this hire but I fully expect them to.

Lovie was a very good coach for the Bears. He was always a competent OC/QB away, which is far away. To some extent, he needs to be held accountable for the issues in getting an offensive coach here. There have always been murmurs that the good OCs didn't want to coach with him. Likewise, though I feel he is a really great defensive mind, he may not get players with the pedigree of Urlacher, Briggs, Tillman wherever he goes. Urlacher was the key to the defense for years because he could do things that others at his position simply could not.