2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 10:02 AM)
The one concern I have in all of these reports is that there are always these hidden teams that jump in. Plus, Emery is supposedly keeping a sealed lid on Halas Hall which makes me wonder how real these leaks are. I'm assuming they are coming from reps of Williams/Jackson vs. Bears insiders.

Yeah, in this day and age there's no stopping it. I'd imagine reps of every player, when fielding other calls, simply say (like in this case), "you are nowhere near the offers we've received from the Bucs and Bears, are you going to let this premiere wide receiver slip to someone else?"

Edited by Steve9347

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 10:00 AM)
Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole reports it's down to the Bears and Bucs for Jackson.

If the Bears signed Jackson and Mario somehow, and then drafted really well for the O-Line, some secondary help, and some lineback help, they'd be looking great.

With Emery, I'm willing to roll the dice on this.

I'd imagine the Bears plan on signing Orton? Clearly backup QB needs to be addressed. I really don't see them getting Jax and Mario, that really can't happen cap wise as stated in the previous post. Here's what I'd like to see, if the Bears added this, they'd be good to go.

Super Mario

Other Mario (Manningham)

Kyle Orton

Draft R1-R7

Eric Winston (released by Texans)

and oh what the hell throw in Dallas Clark.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 01:49 PM)
I'd imagine the Bears plan on signing Orton? Clearly backup QB needs to be addressed. I really don't see them getting Jax and Mario, that really can't happen cap wise as stated in the previous post. Here's what I'd like to see, if the Bears added this, they'd be good to go.

Super Mario

Other Mario (Manningham)

Kyle Orton

Draft R1-R7

Eric Winston (released by Texans)

and oh what the hell throw in Dallas Clark.

Unless he had no other options, Orton won't sign with the Bears. Not enough playing time.

Did I just read a few pages of people defending the Bears' offensive line?

I'm going to clean my eyes out and try to re-read the last few pages. The Bears had one of the bottom two offensive lines last year with Philly being the only team in their stratosphere of bad. Carimi looked good when healthy. Garza to me looks like a good backup C and a good RG, but he's nothing special. Williams looked good for a few games at G. I would not pencil him as a starter though. Simply put, the Bears need all the help they can get.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 03:24 PM)

I'm going to clean my eyes out and try to re-read the last few pages. The Bears had one of the bottom two offensive lines last year with Philly being the only team in their stratosphere of bad. Carimi looked good when healthy. Garza to me looks like a good backup C and a good RG, but he's nothing special. Williams looked good for a few games at G. I would not pencil him as a starter though. Simply put, the Bears need all the help they can get.

Chris Williams looked solid to near pro-bowl as a starter then went down with a freak injury. Carimi never was healthy and barely played. Garza was solid at Center. Louis looked solid at RG, but then had to move to RT where he was terrible because the bears had no backup tackle other than the open door. On top of that, you've got a backup QB for the part of the year where the line looked really bad, and Martz's system which refused to provide help.

This line already gets 2 first round picks added in to start next year. Louis and Garza don't deserve to be benched. THe only question is Webb. And he was on an island for 1/2 the season and never got help...and he only really looked bad when he had to block for Hanie and McCown.

NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora suggests the Bears have a good chance to be the first team free agent DE Mario Williams visits, and "it might be the only team."

The Bears are expected to "go hard" after Williams, similar to the approach than landed them Julius Peppers two years ago. LaCanfora confirms the Bears will also pursue Vincent Jackson, and it could end up as an "either/or type of situation." The Jaguars also "want in on" the Williams sweepstakes. Mar 13 - 2:33 PM

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 02:24 PM)

The issue isn't if the O-Line is good or not, it's the fact that the coaching staff is satisfied with Chris Williams-Garza-Louis-Carimi and Spencer/Edwin as backups. Like been said repeatedly the only questionable spot is Webb and Tice seems high on him.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 03:30 PM)
The issue isn't if the O-Line is good or not, it's the fact that the coaching staff is satisfied with Chris Williams-Garza-Louis-Carimi and Spencer/Edwin as backups. Like been said repeatedly the only questionable spot is Webb and Tice seems high on him.

They still clearly need a backup tackle.

Bears should be looking at Winston who was cut from Texans...

on a side note.. anyone have any idea on why I can't stay logged in?? It drives me crazy trying to respond and I keep having to log in over and over b4 it finally lets me post....

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 03:39 PM)
Bears should be looking at Winston who was cut from Texans...

on a side note.. anyone have any idea on why I can't stay logged in?? It drives me crazy trying to respond and I keep having to log in over and over b4 it finally lets me post....

Are you changing IP's somehow? Say by moving between different wireless networks/points?

The response on Winston so far seems to have been that the Bears think Carimi is best fit at RT and want to keep him there. Could be a smokescreen obviously, but that's their current line.