2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 2, 2013 -> 01:07 PM)
I don't know how the Bears could afford Long without cutting Peppers.

They probably could but it'd be their only big addition of the offseason.

What's more likely though is that the Bears could rework some of their contracts, including Peppers.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 2, 2013 -> 12:07 PM)
I don't know how the Bears could afford Long without cutting Peppers.

i think cutting Peppers is a reality, he has a 4 million dollar cap hit this season.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 2, 2013 -> 12:28 PM)
Letting Urlacher and Hester go would be a pretty good chunk of that.

Hester's cap hit in 2013 is only $2.85 mil. It had been over $7.5 mil each of the last two seasons. Urlacher's was just over $9 million in 2012.

Peppers cap hit went from $4.4 mil in 2011, to $12.4 this year, and will be $16.4 million in 2013.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 2, 2013 -> 12:35 PM)
Hester's cap hit in 2013 is only $2.85 mil. It had been over $7.5 mil each of the last two seasons. Urlacher's was just over $9 million in 2012.

Peppers cap hit went from $4.4 mil in 2011, to $12.4 this year, and will be $16.4 million in 2013.

And its over $9 million if they cut him. I read an article in the Sun Times the other day saying the Bears had top 10 cap space without cutting or extending anybody. Something over $14 million.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 2, 2013 -> 12:35 PM)

So Hester isn't going anywhere.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jan 2, 2013 -> 01:10 PM)
Hopefully the 4 mill Kellen Davis and Matt Spaeth make will be gone as well....Urlacher, Hester, Davis, and Spaeth all being gone would clear up about 16 mill, Long is gonna be lookin for around 11.

If all the Bears do this offseason is sign Long and resign Melton, I'll be ok with that.

If they cut Davis & Spaeth, I hope they sign a replacement tight end too. :D

Davis's cap hit jumps to $3.85 million in 2013.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 2, 2013 -> 02:14 PM)
If they cut Davis & Spaeth, I hope they sign a replacement tight end too. :D

Davis's cap hit jumps to $3.85 million in 2013.

Lol no way, Kyle Adams for the win!

Ya a proven TE would be nice too, I wouldn't mind grabbing one in the draft though.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jan 2, 2013 -> 02:27 PM)
Lol no way, Kyle Adams for the win!

Ya a proven TE would be nice too, I wouldn't mind grabbing one in the draft though.

Only so many needs can be left to the draft, unfortunately, and O-Line depth is likely to be a major one there also.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 2, 2013 -> 02:30 PM)
Only so many needs can be left to the draft, unfortunately, and O-Line depth is likely to be a major one there also.

Mock time.

In a perfect world, meaning a good player at the position is there I'd like to see the bears draft (We all know I have no life so I'll go in depth here)

1st Round- OT

Even if they get a top tier LT like Long, Clady, or Beatty it'd be nice to have a new RT as well, moving Webb to a backup role.

Mock pick (using Draftteks mock)- Eric Fisher 6'8" from Central Michigan

2nd Round- LB/TE

This all depends on how Emery views Shea McClellin and whether or not Urlacher is back. Lets assume 54 is gone. Where does the staff view Shea? If they keep him at DE then we'll need an LB. If they move him to an LB spot then we might wanna address DE latter on and garb a TE here. I'd really like to see Shea moved to an LB position, he's got + speed, and he just didn't really look like a starting DE. Briggs-Roach-Shea is what I'd like to see next year if 54 is gone.

Mock pick- Zach Ertz 6'6" outta Stanford

4th Round- OC

At this point, in this perfect world, the starting OL is Fisher-Louis-Garza-Carimi-Long(or another top tier LT).. You have Webb, and James Brown as backups at the OG and OT, Edwin Williams is a FA so a backup to Garza would be needed.

Mock pick- Braxston "Cave Man" Cave Notre Dame's OC

5th Round- DE

Izzy and Pep are getting old and in this situation I'm moving Shea to LB so let's try and develop one while we still have those 2 to learn from

Mock Pick- Datone Jones UCLA- looking at his strengths and weaknesses he could benefit from workin with Pep.

Since draftteks mock only goes 5 rounds, I'd like a speedy WR and a CB in the 6th and 7th.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jan 2, 2013 -> 03:52 PM)
Mock time.

In a perfect world, meaning a good player at the position is there I'd like to see the bears draft (We all know I have no life so I'll go in depth here)

1st Round- OT

Even if they get a top tier LT like Long, Clady, or Beatty it'd be nice to have a new RT as well, moving Webb to a backup role.

Mock pick (using Draftteks mock)- Eric Fisher 6'8" from Central Michigan

2nd Round- LB/TE

This all depends on how Emery views Shea McClellin and whether or not Urlacher is back. Lets assume 54 is gone. Where does the staff view Shea? If they keep him at DE then we'll need an LB. If they move him to an LB spot then we might wanna address DE latter on and garb a TE here. I'd really like to see Shea moved to an LB position, he's got + speed, and he just didn't really look like a starting DE. Briggs-Roach-Shea is what I'd like to see next year if 54 is gone.

Mock pick- Zach Ertz 6'6" outta Stanford

4th Round- OC

At this point, in this perfect world, the starting OL is Fisher-Louis-Garza-Carimi-Long(or another top tier LT).. You have Webb, and James Brown as backups at the OG and OT, Edwin Williams is a FA so a backup to Garza would be needed.

Mock pick- Braxston "Cave Man" Cave Notre Dame's OC

5th Round- DE

Izzy and Pep are getting old and in this situation I'm moving Shea to LB so let's try and develop one while we still have those 2 to learn from

Mock Pick- Datone Jones UCLA- looking at his strengths and weaknesses he could benefit from workin with Pep.

Since draftteks mock only goes 5 rounds, I'd like a speedy WR and a CB in the 6th and 7th.

I'd be shocked if he was still there at 20 in round 2. I know Eifert is the guy everyone has going as TE#1 but I personally would prefer Ertz. Depending on who KC takes #1 and who is there when round 2 starts, I wouldn't be opposed to taking him

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 2, 2013 -> 10:23 PM)
Word is Carimi was injured all year (never healed) but should be 100% next year......sounds like a columbo thing.

I hope so, because I wouldn't pencil him in as a starting anything. Horrible mentally, worse physically.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jan 2, 2013 -> 04:11 PM)
I'd be shocked if he was still there at 20 in round 2. I know Eifert is the guy everyone has going as TE#1 but I personally would prefer Ertz. Depending on who KC takes #1 and who is there when round 2 starts, I wouldn't be opposed to taking him

This is all based off the drafttek mock draft, which has Ertz going #58 whereas the Bears draft at #50....Mock drafts are never right though but it's really the only thing to speculate off of.

They have KC grabbing a CB in the 2nd.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 2, 2013 -> 08:16 PM)
Where is Tyler Eifert projected?

The 4 I'm looking at have him at 19, 26, 30, and 31.

And while I have them open... They project the Bears to take.

Walterfootball- Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia

Drafttek & CBS(Rob Rang)- Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan

CBS(Dane Brugler)- Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jan 2, 2013 -> 08:23 PM)
The 4 I'm looking at have him at 19, 26, 30, and 31.

And while I have them open... They project the Bears to take.

Walterfootball- Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia

Drafttek & CBS(Rob Rang)- Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan

CBS(Dane Brugler)- Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma

With the injury rate in the nfl you always draft the best player available regardless of position. However with the state of the Bears O-line it's really difficult not to take the best tackle available.