2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 02:29 PM)
Chris Williams looked solid to near pro-bowl as a starter then went down with a freak injury. Carimi never was healthy and barely played. Garza was solid at Center. Louis looked solid at RG, but then had to move to RT where he was terrible because the bears had no backup tackle other than the open door. On top of that, you've got a backup QB for the part of the year where the line looked really bad, and Martz's system which refused to provide help.

This line already gets 2 first round picks added in to start next year. Louis and Garza don't deserve to be benched. THe only question is Webb. And he was on an island for 1/2 the season and never got help...and he only really looked bad when he had to block for Hanie and McCown.

Chris Williams was nothing more than solid during his "good streak". If Bears fans think he looked anywhere near Pro-Bowl good, then I could see why the Bears as an organization don't care to address the O-Line. If the fans don't care, neither should they. Carimi looked very good, whether he was healthy or not, when he actually played. Garza looks like a solid backup at C, and probably a starter at G. Louis was okay at RG. Was awful as a tackle.

If the line was anywhere near as good as almost everyone in this thread made it to be, their QB's wouldn't have gotten killed. They also would have gotten more push in the run game. The Bears line is awful. Only 3 players I would keep are Carimi, Garza and Spencer.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 02:53 PM)
HOLY CRAP!

Holy ****!!!!

Is he just messing with us?

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 02:53 PM)
HOLY CRAP!

So I guess Peyton told them "No."

QUOTE (G&T @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 07:59 PM)
So I guess Peyton told them "No."

I've heard if they trade Marshall, it's cause they think they can get Manning and that Reggie Wayne would replace Marshall (at least that was the speculation a week ago).

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 04:00 PM)
I've heard if they trade Marshall, it's cause they think they can get Manning and that Reggie Wayne would replace Marshall.

Maybe, but with how Wayne has been clear that he is following Manning it sounds like he'd sign for a lot less. Marshall is a major piece to move before bringining in a veteran QB. So either the Manning/Wayne deal is about to be announced or it's a no.

Bears get Marshall and now go sign Williams.. and if they can get Finnegan and or Winston.. and this would be a HUGE success!!

As for Winston.. he is ALWAYS healthy and solid at RT. Plus who knows if Carimi will be healthy.. but yeah you would have to move Carimi to LT and that in itself would be a HUGE upgrade for the O Line!

As for the trade.. AWESOME!! I take back all the doubts and dislike of the Emery hiring!! That move is pure genius!

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 03:09 PM)
Bears get Marshall and now go sign Williams.. and if they can get Finnegan and or Winston.. and this would be a HUGE success!!

As for Winston.. he is ALWAYS healthy and solid at RT. Plus who knows if Carimi will be healthy.. but yeah you would have to move Carimi to LT and that in itself would be a HUGE upgrade for the O Line!

As for the trade.. AWESOME!! I take back all the doubts and dislike of the Emery hiring!! That move is pure genius!

That would be a great offseason for the Bears, especially with the draft to still look forward to.