2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 03:11 PM)
One of the thirds is apparently a 2013 3rd rounder, so the Bears still have 1 of their 2 third rounders this year as well.

Still can't believe it's that cheap, just a fantastic move.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (G&T @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 03:59 PM)
So I guess Peyton told them "No."

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 04:00 PM)
Yeah right. I doubt they even think about trading him before the Manning thing plays out.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 04:00 PM)
I just was saying that to one of my co-workers.

Supposedly Marshall's cap hit is somewhere in the neighborhood of $11 million, and that could have been a serious issue while trying to sign Manning and any of his previous WR's.

Good trade for both the Bears and Phins.

Bears finally get a WR threat for Cutler.

Dolphins clear space for Manning and Wayne. And if Miami doesnt get Manning/Wayne then there is no reason to have Marshall around. Kinda like a last place team with a stud closer. Just get rid of him and get something in return because you arent going to be competing for a playoff spot.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 04:22 PM)
Good trade for both the Bears and Phins.

Bears finally get a WR threat for Cutler.

Dolphins clear space for Manning and Wayne. And if Miami doesnt get Manning/Wayne then there is no reason to have Marshall around. Kinda like a last place team with a stud closer. Just get rid of him and get something in return because you arent going to be competing for a playoff spot.

really hard to believe that Marshall's trade value was 2 third round picks if it weren't for the teams trying to clear Manningcap.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 04:33 PM)
I really love the duo of Marshall/Bennett in theory. I'd still use a 1st or 2nd to take a WR.

Clearly they still need another body at that spot, but now they can hesitate to see where other pieces fall. If they happen to miss out on Williams, then they can use some of their remaining cap to go after someone like Meachem or Manningham.