2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 03:42 PM)
@michaelombardi

Sounds like the Bears wont get Mario Williams, the deal is getting too rich and appears the Bills are in the lead--with the most money.

Alright, then they need to address the linebacking and secondary, and the O-Line for sure.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 03:52 PM)
Campbell would be a great backup QB. I wonder if they secretly go after Atgowe for S or maybe Routt at CB.

Routt signed with KC a while ago. I wouldn't mind Atogwe or Landry.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 03:52 PM)
Campbell would be a great backup QB. I wonder if they secretly go after Atgowe for S or maybe Routt at CB.

Routt was off the board one day after he was cut, he is with KC

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 03:46 PM)
Sources in Houston confirm Bears are not in the running for Mario Williams. Oh well... It was probably never realistic anyway.

Peppers and Williams would eat QBs alive. That's be way too unfair anyways. Haha.

They didnt trade Marshall to make room for Manning and Wayne.. They traded Marshall because he is a problem child and the new regime wanted to move on without him..

Ive given up on the Payton Manning in Miami thing, I dont think he is considering them at all.. Ive heard a lot of Ryan Tannehill at #8 which I wouldnt be opposed of if they think he is the guy considering Mike Sherman was his coach at A&M and is pretty familair with how he could end up at the next level.. There is still a chance at Flynn too, either way I think they are going to make some sort of move like that..

I am dissapointed they only got 2 third round picks for him after giving up 2 seconds for him just two years ago but it clears up some space so we can make some more moves to improve overall.. He never lived up to elite status while here so it is what it is I guess..

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 04:16 PM)
I would think that Kyle Orton and Chad Henne's deep ball abilities had more to do with that.

His production isn't really in question here.. its not like he completely fell off the table with either or those QBs throwing to him..

QUOTE (Papa Tru @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 04:19 PM)
His production isn't really in question here.. its not like he completely fell off the table with either or those QBs throwing to him..

What exactly did he do while with Miami that caused him to be traded then? I was thinking pure money move especially with the team having to rebuild or retool. He did pretty well, even with the garbage QBs thrown out there.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 04:22 PM)
What exactly did he do while with Miami that caused him to be traded then? I was thinking pure money move especially with the team having to rebuild or retool. He did pretty well, even with the garbage QBs thrown out there.

he had a lot of "im crazy" moments. Saying he was going to try to get kicked out of a game, stupid unsportmanlike penalties(remember when he threw the ball at Cutlers face after making a catch?). His girlfriend stabbing him. You know, bad stuff

He is a problem child. He probably needs someone to look over him, but he is a talented MoFo and Jay wants him on the team

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 04:26 PM)
he had a lot of "im crazy" moments. Saying he was going to try to get kicked out of a game, stupid unsportmanlike penalties(remember when he threw the ball at Cutlers face after making a catch?). His girlfriend stabbing him. You know, bad stuff

He is a problem child. He probably needs someone to look over him, but he is a talented MoFo and Jay wants him on the team

I remember the stuff in Denver with him beating his girlfriends and getting the cops called on him all the time in both Miami and Atlanta. Didn't know about on the field stuff. Maybe he was frustrated with losing.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 04:32 PM)
Marshall is a great player, but there is a reason he is 27 and on his third team.

High risk, high reward.

I don't know that it's high risk. Even with all the crazy, he's been productive with 6 straight seasons of over 1,000 yards receiving... at age 27.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 04:34 PM)
@alexmarvez: Source: #Colts WR Pierre Garcon signed 5-yr, $42.5M contract with #Redskins. Roughly $21.5M guaranteed.

Free agency baby.

This makes Marshall look even better