2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 11:43 AM)
This is why I was not a fan from the beginning. I just think it will be difficult to replicate the Bears defensive success and the offense wont improve enough next year to offset it. Since the Bears defense is getting old, I felt you should take another shot next year because there is a chance in 2 years guys like Tillman, Urlacher, Peppers are not the same, or not around.

Another year with Tice as OC wouldn't have been a productive year.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know. I've said this before. But our defense is incredible because it has been so successful despite a bend not break style and an offense that can't control the ball. If we get an offense that can string drives together, our defense can fall back a little if they don't have to deal with so many plays ran against them.

I think going to the Super Bowl regardless of who is in it would be awesome.

This will be my 2nd Super Bowl. For any football fan that can afford the tickets, should go at least once. The media week is crazy

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 11:44 AM)
Another year with Tice as OC wouldn't have been a productive year.

Why was Tice ever the OC?

Was that Lovie or was that Emery?

I guess I just dont see why the Bears couldnt try and go out and get a real OC. Not Martz, who is a specialized guy. Just a solid OC who understands football and see what happens. There had to be a bunch of guys who would want to work with Cutler, Forte and Marshall. Thats a good 3 to start with.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 06:48 PM)
I guess I just dont see why the Bears couldnt try and go out and get a real OC. Not Martz, who is a specialized guy. Just a solid OC who understands football and see what happens. There had to be a bunch of guys who would want to work with Cutler, Forte and Marshall. Thats a good 3 to start with.

You don't remember last year? Nobody wanted that job where it wasn't sure how long lovie would last. Nobody wanted the job.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 11:52 AM)
I'm OK with no more Marinelli. Things had to change, if we had to lose some of what worked before to make other parts of this team work better then were going to have to accept it.

It would have been nice to have that continuity, but the status quo on the whole wasn't working.

@BradBiggs

The guess here is Marc Trestman could bring Pat Meyer, an OC for Alouettes, and RB coach Andy Bischoff with him to #Bears staff.

@BradBiggs

Also, one source told me Argonauts head coach Scott Milanovich, former Maryland QB, could possibly join #Bears staff.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 11:52 AM)
He was great in Buffalo last year, he only had an historically bad defense.

He's been awful everywhere. Remember when he was gonna be the next great coach. He may be done in the NFL.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 11:54 AM)
Rob Ryan is actually a really good defensive coach. He'd never come here though for obvious reasons.

He also runs a 3-4 and I don't see the Bears making the switch. At least this year anyway.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 11:54 AM)
Rob Ryan is actually a really good defensive coach. He'd never come here though for obvious reasons.

Havent his team defenses consistently ranked in the bottom half?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 11:50 AM)
Nobody would want to come work for a lame-duck coach on the last year of his contract. Nobody wanted to come work for Lovie when they brought in Martz.

Thats just not true.

There are plenty of coaches that want an opportunity.

Im sure there were plenty of people that wanted to work for the Bears when Martz was brought in. The bears just thought Martz would do well.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=4877772

The Bears also interviewed the Cincinnati Bengals' Ken Zampese and the San Diego Chargers' Rob Chudzinski.

The Bears had plenty of choices, they just took the wrong guy, per usual.

He also runs a 3-4 and I don't see the Bears making the switch. At least this year anyway.

Assuming Melton and Urlacher are gone, we may have better personnel for a 3-4. Also give us a good reason to cut Peppers and save $9 million off the cap.

DE- Wootton

NT-

DE- Paea

OLB- McClellin

MLB- Briggs

MLB- Roach

OLB-

vs.

DE- Wootton

NT-

3T- Paea

DE- Peppers (at great cost mind you)

OLB- Briggs

MLB- Roach

OLB-

Same number of holes to fill, and were spending a lot less money on the defense side of the ball.