2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 14, 2012 -> 01:49 AM)
Ny Post is one story. His attorney with another story. This sounds bad. Incident happened last night so it doesn't surprise me the Bears didn't know. That said, this could impact the overall trade. It also could result in Marshall being suspended. And more importantly, it means not only is he bat s*** crazy (which I can deal with) but he's abusive (which I have a problem with).

I know he got stabbed but I wasn't aware of him having any issues with him doing the hitting. To me he was just Chuck Finley (but that might not be the case).

Have to wait and see here. The Bears knew according to Emery and went ahead anyway. There's enough of a lack of clarity that this might just go away. But Big Ben was suspended 6 games for raping a woman. I can't imagine this being more than 2-3 games at most.

Per FOX Sports' Alex Marvez, Marshall's contract clause guaranteeing $6 million of his $9.3 million salary voids if he's suspended by the NFL. Given his long and sordid history of violence, that's a distinct possibility.

Well isn't that an interesting little twist? The Bears could wind up with Brandon Marshall at $3.3 million.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 14, 2012 -> 10:42 AM)
Per FOX Sports' Alex Marvez, Marshall's contract clause guaranteeing $6 million of his $9.3 million salary voids if he's suspended by the NFL. Given his long and sordid history of violence, that's a distinct possibility.

Well isn't that an interesting little twist? The Bears could wind up with Brandon Marshall at $3.3 million.

I read that to mean that the $6M isn't guaranteed. So he would have $9.3M unguaranteed.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 14, 2012 -> 11:50 AM)
how do you know that is his plane?

Just posting s*** I or someone else I know finds on the webs.

However, it sounds like Mario's fiancee is headed to Buffalo, so we can probably strike him off the list.

@AdamSchefter

Vikings reached agreement with former Seahawks tight end John Carslon on a five-year, $25 million deal.

11 million is guaranteed. Good to see the Vikings still don't know what they are doing.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 14, 2012 -> 12:06 PM)
@AdamSchefter

Vikings reached agreement with former Seahawks tight end John Carslon on a five-year, $25 million deal.

11 million is guaranteed. Good to see the Vikings still don't know what they are doing.

Oh man, John Carlson got paid.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 14, 2012 -> 11:52 AM)
LOL, cyberstalking free agents.

The Internets have come a long ways

This practice was developed in the South during SEC football coaching searches. The damn flight tracker thing has become a running joke among Tennessee fans b/c people would constantly be watching where the University jet was flying - as if they'd really use that form of transportation to meet with potential coaches. AD's are typically much sneakier.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 14, 2012 -> 11:51 AM)
Just posting s*** I or someone else I know finds on the webs.

However, it sounds like Mario's fiancee is headed to Buffalo, so we can probably strike him off the list.

If its the same plane, the Bills flew him to Buffalo. It may actually be Wanny flying home. I think he now lives in Chicago during the offseason. His daughters live here, and I saw him in the health club a week or so ago.

The Bears still have to sign draft picks and other veterans. As much as Mario would be awesome on the Bears, it isn't going to happen. They can't afford him.

Per Schefter, Raiders FA RB Michael Bush is meeting with the Bears. Chalk that up as a hell yes to me.

And as someone mentioned earlier, you can also chalk me up under the "Bring in Dallas Clark" group.