2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 10:50 AM)
I dont think anyone stops to make sure he's OK when there's such a crucial play on the field. Its not like you have time to think about the whole situation, that s*** happened in less than a second.

Some of the players might not have realized that he was injured, but the NFL needs to do a better job of getting those players away from a player that could of had a significant injury.

The way he was hit could of caused neck damage and he was on the ground not moving. You got players from the Ravens falling on him and stepping over him.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 10:46 AM)
I'm still shocked by those decisions. If there is any coach in the NFL who would go for it there, it's Belichek. Not sure what he was thinking.

At least one I can remember was a 4th and 8...and this was fairly early in the game, before the Pats' defense got banged up and couldn't slow down the Ravens' offense.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 12:05 PM)
At least one I can remember was a 4th and 8...and this was fairly early in the game, before the Pats' defense got banged up and couldn't slow down the Ravens' offense.

In the first quarter, they punted on 4th & 9 from the BAL 35 and on 4th & 2 from the BAL 45. Their first drive of the 3rd, they punted on 4th & 8 from the BAL 34.

I realize those aren't ideal situations to go for it, but their strength is their offense and its agressiveness. I'd rather take the chance of converting the 4th down than gaining the 25 or so yards on a punt. Plus with the crappy weather, Tucker wasn't gonna hit a 50 yard field goal, which means Baltimore would have had to drive further down the field than normal.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 12:26 PM)
original.gif

Some tech savvy person needs to set that to the skrillex scary monsters and nice sprites song where the breakdown hits and the chick says oh my god....I think thatd be gold.

Or any dubstep for that matter

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

Miss Hooters should stick to what she is good at, getting paid to take her clothes off.

http://www.artclu.com/crew/bfoley/lawscope...ory=10&pg=1

http://www.sptimes.com/News/061300/Sports/...s_acquitt.shtml

His 2 friends were also found not guilty, due to self-defense.

If Lewis wanted to be funny, he should sue her for defamation/slander. Lewis was not acquitted of murder, the prosecution offered him a plea bargain to testify against his friends, which he took.

But really, if she wants to make a difference, maybe she should tweet to Wes about dropping catches that hit him in the hands. At least Giselle had the decency to blame her own team. And Giselle is a million times hotter and richer.

He sure could, because the technical definition of acquitted is different then the one used by Anna Welker by way of procedural differences. Everything else she said was true. If Ray Lewis wants to spend his time and money suing Anna Burns Welker for defamation due to the technical difference in the definition of a word she used, then he can do so, but the hard-nosed, tough guy reputation will be gone at that point too.

In the meantime, let's continue to stare at Anna Welker's rack.

Ray Lewis wasnt acquitted of murder. He never went to trial on murder. Thats not just a "procedural difference". The implication of her statement is that the Prosecution thought that they had enough to go to verdict on a trial against Lewis, they did not.

In fact the prosecution was not even able to convict his 2 friends of murder. The jury found that they acted in self-defense. Which means that their actions were justifiable under the law.

Its annoying, and quite frankly Im not sure that there is any evidence that Ray Lewis was directly involved in the stabbing. Im pretty sure that even the prosecution believes that Ray Lewis may have been there, but it was not Ray Lewis who stabbed the man.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...ewis_agreement/

Prosecutors presented little proof that the Baltimore Ravens linebacker assaulted anyone during a Jan. 31 street fight that left two men dead.

Without much direct evidence linking Lewis to the stabbings of Richard Lollar and Jacinth Baker, prosecutors are trying to convince the jury that Lewis participated in a conspiracy to cover up the crime.

Its just annoying that people parrot what they believe is true because "I saw it on Wikipedia it must be true!."

Its quite possible Ray Lewis killed those 2 guys, maybe hes killed 100. But that is mere speculation and the only evidence is "conspiracy theories" which I dont consider compelling or trustworthy.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 04:02 PM)
Miss Hooters should stick to what she is good at, getting paid to take her clothes off.

http://www.artclu.com/crew/bfoley/lawscope...ory=10&pg=1

http://www.sptimes.com/News/061300/Sports/...s_acquitt.shtml

His 2 friends were also found not guilty, due to self-defense.

If Lewis wanted to be funny, he should sue her for defamation/slander. Lewis was not acquitted of murder, the prosecution offered him a plea bargain to testify against his friends, which he took.

But really, if she wants to make a difference, maybe she should tweet to Wes about dropping catches that hit him in the hands. At least Giselle had the decency to blame her own team. And Giselle is a million times hotter and richer.

Darn, I thought those links were going to be to pictures of her taking her clothes off...bastard!