2012-2013 NFL Thread

Jared Cook, Brandon Meyers, Dustin Keller, Martellus Bennet, and Dennis Pitta are the top tier guys...Anthony Fasano, Ben Watson, Dallas Clark are the older, still interesting guys.....Evan Rodriguez is the guy that deserves a chance to be utilized in some fashion.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id say draft a TE. There are going to be 2 pretty high ranked ones (Ertz (stanford) and Eifert (ND)), but there should be some good talent in every round there.

Fauria (Ucla) would be a nice choice for the Bears

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 05:24 PM)
If we get at least 2 FA Olineman I wouldnt be opposed to Eiffert in the first. He looks like a beast.

Going to be really, really difficult to get 2 FA o-linemen of any reasonable quality with the Bears cap space unless they let Melton walk, and if they do that then they have a need for a high level DT in the draft.

You could get 2 O-linemen if one of them is Spencer-quality.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 04:18 PM)
Jared Cook, Brandon Meyers, Dustin Keller, Martellus Bennet, and Dennis Pitta are the top tier guys...Anthony Fasano, Ben Watson, Dallas Clark are the older, still interesting guys.....Evan Rodriguez is the guy that deserves a chance to be utilized in some fashion.

I love me some Dennis Pitta.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 05:59 PM)
I love me some Dennis Pitta.

Highly doubt he hits the market but if he does I'd love to have him...Jared Cook might come at a reasonable price. Hopefully they act quick to sign Melton and a LT so they see how much money they're working with that after that. If a TE is in the budget? go for it. If not? Hit up the draft or give Rodriquez his shot.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 11:04 AM)

Can't wait for the 49ers to WIN their 6th Super Bowl.

My friend couldn't wait for a Peyton-Brady reunion in Denver, and then couldn't wait for Tom Terrific to do his thing in Foxboro. Might want to bring the confidence level down about 5 notches there.

My friend couldn't wait for a Peyton-Brady reunion in Denver, and then couldn't wait for Tom Terrific to do his thing in Foxboro. Might want to bring the confidence level down about 5 notches there.

My confidence has been up all year. I've faith and a lot of passion for my team.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 11:10 AM)
My confidence has been up all year. I've faith and a lot of passion for my team.

And they almost lost to a Falcons team that isn't nearly as dangerous defensively nor versatile offensively.

I like the 49ers chances, but there's no way I'd bet on either team this game.

And they almost lost to a Falcons team that isn't nearly as dangerous defensively nor versatile offensively.

I like the 49ers chances, but there's no way I'd bet on either team this game.

This will be a very close game.. The Ravens will be tough to beat. Flacco has had a great year and I have always loved their D.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 24, 2013 -> 08:22 AM)

It's as if they had no idea repeatedly getting hit in the head was bad for a person.

What a joke, Junior Seau made $28.2 million in career earnings in the NFL alone playing a game where he repeatedly hit his head, and now the NFL gets sued for it.

I dont see the pleadings linked, but I would have assumed that they would allege that NFL misled Seau or lied to Seau about nature and risk of injury. Or that teams did not properly evaluate and had him keep playing even though they knew the increased risk of injury.

Its not an easy case, but its possible. Obviously the goal is going to be to get to discovery and try and find out exactly what the NFL knew about brain injuries and when they knew it. Once you have that, then you just compare it to how they were treating players.

If they knew of the injuries and tried to help/avoid them, probably no damages.

If they knew of the injuries and did nothing, maybe damages.

Its worth a shot, it definitely isnt the most nonsensical lawsuit Ill see this week.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 24, 2013 -> 11:43 AM)
I dont see the pleadings linked, but I would have assumed that they would allege that NFL misled Seau or lied to Seau about nature and risk of injury. Or that teams did not properly evaluate and had him keep playing even though they knew the increased risk of injury.

Its not an easy case, but its possible. Obviously the goal is going to be to get to discovery and try and find out exactly what the NFL knew about brain injuries and when they knew it. Once you have that, then you just compare it to how they were treating players.

If they knew of the injuries and tried to help/avoid them, probably no damages.

If they knew of the injuries and did nothing, maybe damages.

Its worth a shot, it definitely isnt the most nonsensical lawsuit Ill see this week.

That will be Soxtalk vs Soxbadger.

Boobs or Face

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 24, 2013 -> 12:12 PM)
http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/0ap1000...wl-quarterbacks

When Colin Kaepernick leads the San Francisco 49ers into battle in Super Bowl XLVII, he'll do so as one of the most athletic quarterbacks to ever have played in the title game.

The 49ers have 3 of his top 5 athletic QB's

That list is worthless without Rex Grossman.