2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 01:27 PM)
I apologize, that wasn't a guarantee by me, more so just a feeling of the Niners with Peyton would win. But I can see how you would assume that was meant as a guarantee...

It reads like a guarantee.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 01:27 PM)
Bears will finished in 3rd place.

We'll see. I think the Lions need a strong offseason, but they certainly have huge upside. The Packers are going to be pissed and should be incredible again, but the NFL has thrown the league some curveballs before...

The Bears need to really draft well to begin filling some of these holes that are opening up due to age on defense and the disgusting holes in the OL before we can get too excited. Having Brandon Marshall won't mean too much when Jay's laying on his back.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 01:46 PM)
Peyton was never going to play in the NFC and compete against Eli.

I'll go ahead and agree with this. I'll also interject that Peyton's spent 14 years studying up on AFC teams, so he might as well ease the burden of transition as much as possible. This is why Tennessee was such a strong suitor despite being the Tennessee Titans!

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 01:52 PM)
Didn't rip the Bears. Just saying the 49ers will beat the Bears.

I'm sure they will be favored, the game is in San Fran. Although if it's earlier in the season & Colin is the QB, that definitely helps the Bears chances if he is still learning.

The Manning's want to own the NFL. Eli v. Peyton in the Super Bowl is the only thing that has alluded them. If he goes NFC they have to eliminate each other and its more likely they play etc.

There is a reason why only 1 team in the NFC went after Manning, and its because the rest of the NFC knew that Manning was going AFC. I thought it was a joke about the 49ers at first, then as the conspiracy theorist I am, I started to tell people that Manning was playing the 49ers in an attempt to hurt their chances to beat Eli's Giants.