2012-2013 NFL Thread

How do you explain NY getting it then? How about Indy or Detroit?

Indy and Detroit had covered stadiums. While both have less to offer than Chicago, they have more to offer that is within walking distance of the stadium. Indy also got very lucky in having record warm temps during Super Bowl week.

I don't know how NY is going to work. The draw of visiting NY is Manhattan, which is nowhere near the stadium. I think NY really missed the boat not building the new stadium in Manhattan.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 07:28 AM)
I don't know how NY is going to work. The draw of visiting NY is Manhattan, which is nowhere near the stadium. I think NY really missed the boat not building the new stadium in Manhattan.

Where the f*** are you going to fit a football stadium in Manhattan?

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 07:39 PM)

Indy has some stuff around their stadium, Detroit has about one place to eat and one bar, and the rest is crime.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 09:55 AM)
Indy has some stuff around their stadium, Detroit has about one place to eat and one bar, and the rest is crime.

Downtown Indy is laid out well in that the stadium and the downtown area to do things are in the same area. Chicago could have learned something there.

Detroit just sucks. You can't go outside of about a 2-3 square block area.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 09:59 AM)
Downtown Indy is laid out well in that the stadium and the downtown area to do things are in the same area.

That's probably the only positive thing I could say about downtown Indy, though. It's boring as hell.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 07:39 PM)

New York is the test site. Indy and Detroit are indoor games, so the media week and events can all be held inside the dome leading up to the game, and on day-of events, the crowd isn't going to be outside for the events AND for the game. Come on now, could you imagine one of those -20 windchill days for the Superbowl? It would be a total disaster.

According to USA Today's Nate Davis, "it was clear" during Tuesday's minicamp practice that Peyton Manning's velocity on deep passes isn't the same.

Davis suggested Manning "may not have the liveliest arm on his team," on a roster that also includes Caleb Hanie, Brock Osweiler, and Adam Weber.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/234...p-ball-velocity

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 09:55 AM)
Bears waive Nathan Enderle. New administration, still wasting draft picks.

Huh? The new adminstration cut a crappy old draft pick of the previous administration (mostly Martz).

Wasted pick of the previous FO, new FO cleaning up their mess

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 10:00 AM)
Huh? The new adminstration cut a crappy old draft pick of the previous administration (mostly Martz).

Yup. Though they never gave the kid a chance anyways, not much of a loss at all.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 10:00 AM)

Wow. I am an idiot. For some reason I thought he was drafted this year. Disregard my last post, carry on as you all were.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 22, 2012 -> 02:06 PM)
Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman

Matt Forte says he will not miss the 2012 regular season.

Why would he say that?

He just ruined any tiny bit of leverage he had in the negotiations. Time to sign the offer and show up to camp.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 09:59 AM)
With the signing of Campbell he had no chance of making the team.

Yeah I consider our team about as deep as they come at QB. Maybe we can keep Nathan on in the practice squad if he clears?