2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 09:29 AM)
I had no idea that Rhodes did that. That's awesome. And I'm sure they have a deal with that cab company that lowers the rate b/c it gives them more business. Win-win for all parties involved.

I think it's just a perfect idea and could be implemented elsewhere as well. Perhaps some larger campuses with less restricted access may have a problem since the whole transaction is basically done by our Campus Safety officers who take down all the information, etc at the gate

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 03:32 PM)

Not even going to read it then. There is some chance that after this season people will be talking about Cutler as a top 5 QB. Seriously, I believe that could be in the cards with the offense we're putting together.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 06:03 PM)
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,2027915.story

NFL to delay late game kickoffs.............I like it from a fans standpoint on doubleheader games.

Am I missing something? They are moving 3:15 games to 3:25 to avoid overlap, but are leaving 3:05 starts the same?! Shouldn't they move 3:05 games as well?

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 05:10 PM)
I think it's just a perfect idea and could be implemented elsewhere as well. Perhaps some larger campuses with less restricted access may have a problem since the whole transaction is basically done by our Campus Safety officers who take down all the information, etc at the gate

Not even going to read it then. There is some chance that after this season people will be talking about Cutler as a top 5 QB. Seriously, I believe that could be in the cards with the offense we're putting together.

Outside the big 3, Jay was as good as anyone last season before he got hurt.

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 06:22 PM)
Am I missing something? They are moving 3:15 games to 3:25 to avoid overlap, but are leaving 3:05 starts the same?! Shouldn't they move 3:05 games as well?

The 3:15 games were doubleheader games when FOX/CBS was showing a game at noon, hence the overlap problem. The 3:05 games had nothing preceding them on TV, so they can stay. As always, TV/$$$$ rule everything.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,2027915.story

NFL to delay late game kickoffs.............I like it from a fans standpoint on doubleheader games.

I'd rather the late afternoon games get over earlier. I like having some time between the end of the late afternoon games and the kickoff of the Sunday night game to get highlights and analysis on NBC Football Night in America.

There are a lot of times when the Bears have an early Sunday game, and I'm switching back and forth between NBC and CBS/FOX, trying to see the end of an exciting game while also trying to see what the guys at NBC are saying about the Bears.

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 06:22 PM)

3:05 starts are regional games only and not effected.....................national late games go to 3:25.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 04:32 PM)

However, Cutler was #8 on Jaws' list of top 30 QB's in football, ahead of Vick, Stafford, Newton, Ryan, and Tebow (who was #30).

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 10:12 PM)
Outside the big 3, Jay was as good as anyone last season before he got hurt.

Agree 100%. He was absolutely rolling on that 5 game win streak.

Jaws has been very objective in this QB stuff. Some might call him boring, but I like the no-nonsense. It is actually informative. I wish people would devote this time to every position.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 01:09 AM)
Jaws has been very objective in this QB stuff. Some might call him boring, but I like the no-nonsense. It is actually informative. I wish people would devote this time to every position.

As long as he isn't calling games, between him and Gruden during games every other player was great.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 01:01 AM)
You know, people talk a lot of s*** about Jaworski, but I love watching anything Jaws does with game film.

I LIEK GAME FILM cause its what i do

im also drunk

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 08:17 AM)
That list by Jaws is awful. Joe Flacco at 7. Matt Stafford should probably be in the top 5.

Disagree. Flacco is fine at 7. Stafford definitely is not top 5 though and I loved him coming out of college. He had one good year, not great. And that's because of Megatron.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 7, 2012 -> 08:52 AM)
:lolhitting

Seriously though, relevant to my interest.

So the NFL will be allowing fans to watch coaches film, eh?

Unless something changes, the NFL isn't requiring teams to shoot in HD until 2013. Some people are going to be disappointed when they pay big money for standard definition film, if, in fact, the teams have yet to switch.

Ever noticed that all the film on NFL Matchup, stuff Jaws breaks down, etc., is 4:3 and SD?

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 7, 2012 -> 03:04 PM)
lol...you can't criticize his list and then say Stafford should be top 5.

Rodgers

Brady

Brees

After that you could mix Roethlisberger, Manning, Romo, Stafford and Rivers.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 04:48 PM)
Besides the 5000 yards passing and 40 touchdowns he threw last year? At age 24.

Health is the only reason to argue against him.

The 2nd reason is that he's only done it for 1 year.