2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 07:32 AM)
Marshawn Lynch, who recently signed a deal similar to Forte's, is the latest passenger on the DUI train. He has a previous history of run-ins, so he may be facing suspension. Truly amazing that $17 million guaranteed is not enough money to pay for a taxi/limo after a few drinks.

Hell he doesn't even have to do it. All he has to do is ask someone to drive him home.

some guy on facebook wants to bet me 200 the bears dont make the playoffs...told him id feel bad for accepting such a ridiculous bet....I cant see them not making the playoffs!

The Bears will finished in 3rd place in their division. I don't think they will make the playoffs as well

Here are the teams that will

Green Bay

San Fran

NYG

Carolina

Detroit

Dallas

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 08:31 AM)
The Bears will finished in 3rd place in their division. I don't think they will make the playoffs as well

Green Bay

San Fran

NYG

Carolina

Detroit

Dallas

Green Bay

New Orleans

Philadelphia

Arizona

Chicago

Dallas

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 07:32 AM)
Marshawn Lynch, who recently signed a deal similar to Forte's, is the latest passenger on the DUI train. He has a previous history of run-ins, so he may be facing suspension. Truly amazing that $17 million guaranteed is not enough money to pay for a taxi/limo after a few drinks.

Add to that the NFL provides a service for free...

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 07:53 AM)
WTF is going on? Dez Bryant domestic abuse, Elvis Dumervil flashing a gun in a road rage incident, Marshawn Lynch DUI all in like 24 hours

Thank you, sir, for inspiring a flapship tweet.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 08:31 AM)

Green Bay

San Fran

NYG

Carolina

Detroit

Dallas

sig bet

I also think Alex Smith regresses, he's just not that good to improve from last year.

sig bet

I also think Alex Smith regresses, he's just not that good to improve from last year.

Sure we can do a sig bet.. I think Alex Smith will improve because of the people that the 49ers added this offseason..

Green Bay

San Fran

NYG

Carolina

Detroit

Dallas

....what? The Bears are better in every way than they were last year. And they were 7-3 last year when the key pieces were healthy.

The only way we don't make the playoffs this year is if key pieces get hurt again.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 12:31 PM)
....what? The Bears are better in every way than they were last year. And they were 7-3 last year when the key pieces were healthy.

The only way we don't make the playoffs this year is if key pieces get hurt again.

Thank God they improved the offensive line to better protect Forte and Cutler...

They did, din't they? Carimi is back and Tice says he's their best player on the line. Chris Williams is battling J'Webb for the starting LT spot, competition by default will make that position better. We're pretty solid everywhere else. Spencer moves back to his natural position at guard, Carimi is our RT of the future. J'Webb can be the back up swing tackle.

Once again, we have no real depth, but the starting Oline is better on paper

I know people wanted us to make big moves on the Oline, but we can't make big moves everywhere. We made big moves elsewhere, we filled our WR holes....which arguably were an even bigger need than Oline.

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 12:39 PM)
Carimi is really good, Ive watched him play a ton. I always thought he should be the Bears LT, as that is the position he played in college.

He took over for Joe Thomas.

+1, still wondering why he isnt our LT. He was the best player on the line at the beginning of the season last year at least in pure talent.

Also, our WR core is 100% better and its not even close.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 10:31 AM)

Its football. It isn't that easy to make the playoffs and injuries are part of the game. Additionally, they are in a division with one of the best teams in football (if not the best), the Packers, and another very good young team (the Lions). It is a very talented team, but it is going to be a dogfight.

some guy on facebook wants to bet me 200 the bears dont make the playoffs...told him id feel bad for accepting such a ridiculous bet....I cant see them not making the playoffs!

Injuries can cause any team to not make the playoffs, but I would certainly give the Bears a better than 50% chance.

If healthy, the Bears are anywhere from the 2nd-4th best team in the NFC.