2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 05:01 PM)
What NFL team will be the biggest bust?

My vote would go to the Steelers

That is a hard one to quantify. Did the Steelers do a lot in the offseason to make themselves a favorite? I think the Broncos could have a high bust probability if Peyton doesnt end up being Peyton.

Then again, Philly is calling themselves a dynasty again.....

That is a hard one to quantify. Did the Steelers do a lot in the offseason to make themselves a favorite? I think the Broncos could have a high bust probability if Peyton doesnt end up being Peyton.

Then again, Philly is calling themselves a dynasty again.....

Broncos is a great pick.

I really like Brian Price and kinda bummed to see him go. The guy could have been something really good if it wasnt for that horrible injury. We'll see if he can ever overcome it. No risk at all from the Bears point of view and the Bucs just wanted to move on. Apparently the Bucs were hoping to move him for sometime for a better pick but there werent any takers. Not surprising.

I really hope he can become the player everyone thought he could be. How can you not root for a guy like Price?

In the small hours of this morning, Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times posted a blog item that Brian Price, after failing to run a specific number of sprints for conditioning yesterday, was shipped off to the Bears.

The Bucs former second-round pick from UCLA weighed in at 303 pounds Thursday, nearly 30 pounds lighter than he arrived at One Buc Place a year earlier. All that was left to do was complete the mandatory conditioning test administered by coach Greg Schiano, which consisted of 16, 110-yard sprints with a 45 second rest period between intervals, and he could begin to breathe a little easier.

But after finishing only four sprints, Price heard and felt a sickening pop, which was extremely painful. Trainers rushed to his side and later determined that Price most likely tore some scar tissue and would be good to go in a few days.

Apparently, Schiano had seen enough.

Now this is a great piece of information. Solid work by Stroud. Seriously, it’s a delicious nugget. But Joe wonders if the timing was pure coincidence?

Brag Biggs of the Chicago Tribune Twittered yesterday that Bucs rock star general manager Mark Dominik had been trying to unload Price for some time, but Dominik’s asking price was too high.

@BradBiggs: Personnel man for other team tells me Bucs were trying to move Price for some time & were originally seeking mid-round pick. Found no takers

Well now, the plot thickens.

Look, Joe has no idea if Price being able to finish his sprints was the last straw for the Bucs or not. Still, unearthing this juicy tidbit was solid work by Stroud, who had to get up about three hours later for his radio gig at WDAE-AM 620.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=69817

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 12:44 PM)
The 6-15 combo in practice so far has been putting on an absolute show.

Evan Rodriguez has been pretty unbelievable too, I've read.

I'm excited about Rodriguez. All reports had him comparable to Aaron Hernandez. Yes, please.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 04:30 PM)
Even though it's the dull Dolphins, sorry Rowand/Carter, I'm excited about premiere of HARD KNOCKS next week.

Agreed. I'm not particularly excited about the Dolphins, but I always love Hard Knocks so I'm excited to watch it regardless.

Is it me, or has it seemed like ESPN has spent about 80% of their pre-season coverage on the Jets, 10% on the Saints and 10% for the rest of the league?

I don't know, because there are too many things going on in other sports and in my life to pay attention to football coverage before mid-late August.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 2, 2012 -> 10:56 AM)
Is it me, or has it seemed like ESPN has spent about 80% of their pre-season coverage on the Jets, 10% on the Saints and 10% for the rest of the league?

MOAR SHIRTLESS TEBOW COVERAGE PLEASE

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 2, 2012 -> 12:23 PM)
I only watch sporting events on ESPN, no talking heads.

100% this. I absolutely cannot stand ESPN other than the actual sporting events. I prefer MLB/NFL Network for my sports analysis if I am watching TV. However, I mostly get all of my news from the internet.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 2, 2012 -> 01:23 PM)
I only watch sporting events on ESPN, no talking heads.

Same here. As long as ESPN has all of those live sporting events, they can do whatever they want with their other programming, because the live events pay the bills.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 2, 2012 -> 10:56 AM)

70% Jets, 20% Broncos, 5% Saints, 5% rest of NFL.

Disturbing.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Aug 2, 2012 -> 04:18 PM)
70% Jets, 20% Broncos, 5% Saints, 5% rest of NFL.

Disturbing.

How many days in a row do they have to kiss the Jets ass. It is boring after the first 2 minutes.