2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 02:10 PM)
Bob LeGere ‏@BobLeGere #Bears OC Mike Tice: "I didn't feel that overall as an offense we did enough physically to make any kind of a statement," in 31-3 loss.

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs #Bears will play J'Marcus Webb and Chris Williams with starters at left tackle against Redskins on Saturday at Soldier Field.

Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman Mike Tice praised the competitive tenacity of Lance Louis and Gabe Carimi vs. Broncos. No compliments for the left side of the line.

Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman Mike Tice said the biggest disappointment from the Broncos game is that the Bears didn't run the ball well.

Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman Tice says Chris Williams moved back to left side because Gabe Carimi's leg is coming around and Bears want longer look at Cory Brandon.

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs Tice: "Chris is over there on the left side. I didn't feel like the other player was up to par."

Michael C. Wright ‏@mikecwright When Tice said that Webb "wasn't up to par" he referred to him as "the other player."

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs Tice: "We were really pleased with Jeffery. Made some plays and dominated physically."

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs Tice says O-line will play through 1st half or into 3rd quarter vs Redskins on Saturday

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs Tice: "I have trouble sleeping at night until our quarterback is protected."

Michael C. Wright ‏@mikecwright Someone mentioned that J'Marcus Webb had a little swagger. Mike Tice replied: "I wonder why?"

Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman Mike Tice says Jay Cutler will play vs. Washington.

Sounds like the 3 year long J'Marcus Webb experiment is mercifully going to come to an end soon. If you can't be an average LT in all these years, you don't even deserve to start. Problem is, we don't have many better options...

are you SS2K5's understudy?

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe, yeah, if he wants to do it for me then I'm fine with it. I'm not trying to steal his job or anyything ;) I just like to report the 'news' as it were and twitter seems to have become the place to get breaking news these days, at least where sports is concerned.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 01:15 PM)
I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughnut. I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I'll just give you the money, and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I just can't imagine a scenario where I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. Some skeptical friend: "Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut! I got the documentation right here...oh, wait it's at home...in the file...under "D", for "doughnut."

RIP, Mitch you brilliant bastard.

@BradBiggs

Brian Urlacher said in interview on Fox-32 he believes his knee will be an issue all season & doubts he will play in preseason. “I don’t see it getting any better during the season. We’re going to have to manage my reps in practice and then just get through Sundays. There is a fine line between pushing it and easing into it, which is what I need to do. I just gotta get back for Sept. 9. Even if I just practice the week before, I’ll be in good enough shape to make it through those games.”

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 09:40 AM)
@BradBiggs

Brian Urlacher said in interview on Fox-32 he believes his knee will be an issue all season & doubts he will play in preseason. “I don’t see it getting any better during the season. We’re going to have to manage my reps in practice and then just get through Sundays. There is a fine line between pushing it and easing into it, which is what I need to do. I just gotta get back for Sept. 9. Even if I just practice the week before, I’ll be in good enough shape to make it through those games.”

The secrecy about his knee makes it seem all that much troubling.

Interesting talk on the Score this morning, that maybe he shouldn't play vs. the Colts, since they have a quick 4-day turnaround before they play GB. After that game, he would have about 10 more days to rest. I don't think it's a bad idea, if the Bears can't beat Indy without him, then they are probably f***ed this year anyway.

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs

#Bears MLB Brian Urlacher had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee this morning. Chicago Tribune story coming in moments.

Urlacher is already back at training camp and the goal is still for him to be ready for Sept. 9 season opener.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 08:29 AM)
There are reports he might not be 100% the whole season. Hopefully that brace he'll be wearing on his leg (who knows how long, possibly the whole season) won't hamper him TOO much athletically. (though at this point in his career, he relies more on smarts and positioning)

I said this almost a week ago and it appears those reports are correct. Hopefully his football I.Q. will get him through the year.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 10:20 AM)
#54 had arthroscopic surgery on the left knee this am (Tues.). Still plans to be ready for the opener. Why? They shouldn't need him against the Colts.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/break...0,2061662.story

This should of happened in the spring someone on Bears dropped the ball.

Edited by Soxfest