2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 07:36 PM)
Dont know rules, RG3 might get you more rushing yards and have a shot at a rushing TD. Manning likely throws for more yards, TD, and fewer INT, unless thy get out to a big lead early.

Standard rules. The rushing yards is whats made this even debatable for me...I have Ryan Matthews so I may need to throw a backup in (Though one of my backups went in the 2nd round of the flapship mock draft, Trent Richardson) so the rushing yards would be a plus. So that coupled with me hearing RGIII is gonna have a big game against NOLA multiple times on the NFL network is what brought up the question.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 10:16 PM)
Giants do not look so Superbowl-ish

They didn't really last year until the playoffs started. I figured they'd win tonight, because the defending champ always wins this opener, but I thought they would miss the playoffs this year.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 06:54 AM)
The Colts have a lot better team surrounding Andrew Luck than Peyton Manning had in his rookie season, and the AFC is very weak. I didn't pick them to make the playoffs, but I think they go 8-8 and finish second in their division.

It's still got a lot of key players at both the old and the young spectrums, plus they're transitioning to a 3-4 defense as well. I think Andrew Luck is as much of lock as anyone since Peyton Manning to be a great QB, but there are still plenty of questions and concerns surrounding that team. I think they win 6 games.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 08:17 PM)
Since you guys are pros or somethin..who should I start week 1 RGIII or P. Manning? I'm torn.

I keep hearing experts say RGIII is gonna have a big game against the Saints. At the same time I know Ryan Clarks not playing in the Steelers game. This is a money league other wise I wouldnt care to ask

RGIII easy.

He'll get rushing yards and be forced to throw a lot with the Saints presumably holding leads. I don't trust Manning. He's been gone for a whole year. I think it's foolish to think he'll be back to "normal" right away. Plus Pittsburgh has a good defense

I'll take Bradshaw's numbers last night anyday. Giants seem fine with running on big downs and in the goal line. That's good news in fantasy...

More important takeaways, is Kevin Ogletree the new Laurent Robinson?

If you have Bradshaw you should be extremely pleased that Wilson fumbled so early. Coughlin hates fumbles and it looked like Wilson was going to get a good amount of touches. If you are in a deep league you may want to try and get Wilson now while his value is terrible to either stash as a handcuff or to double up on the Giants rbs.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 11:03 AM)
I'll take Bradshaw's numbers last night anyday. Giants seem fine with running on big downs and in the goal line. That's good news in fantasy...

More important takeaways, is Kevin Ogletree the new Laurent Robinson?

hard to say, the Giants defensive backfield was pretty beat up last night. Romo could have just been finding the open guy because Austin and Bryant were being blanketed by the healthy DBs

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 11:24 AM)
Giants secondary looked really bad last night, even Corey Webster who is normally pretty good.

The D line wasnt getting the crazy push up front that they normally get, and the DBs were dropping like flies. Once Murray broke off that run where he bounced off Tuck and Bernard and took off for 40+ i knew they were in trouble. I barely heard Kiwanukas name and Pierre Paul had a decent game, but not like they did down the stretch last season

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 11:24 AM)
Giants secondary looked really bad last night, even Corey Webster who is normally pretty good.

In 2011, the Giants were 29th in the league in pass yards/game. What's funny is that the 3 teams worse than them were the Saints, Patriots, Packers. All divison winners.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 04:21 PM)
And your league needs to be pretty deep to consider 3rd wrs, especially as Romo isnt going to put up Brady/Brees numbers

If he becomes romo's main TD target, it won't matter that he's the 3rd receiver. He would be starting in most 12 man leagues.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 11:54 AM)
The D line wasnt getting the crazy push up front that they normally get, and the DBs were dropping like flies. Once Murray broke off that run where he bounced off Tuck and Bernard and took off for 40+ i knew they were in trouble. I barely heard Kiwanukas name and Pierre Paul had a decent game, but not like they did down the stretch last season

It might have been just a bad game, but if the Giants don't get pressure up front they aren't going to the playoffs.

Cowboys looked solid. I think they could make the playoffs this year.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 01:37 PM)
If he becomes romo's main TD target, it won't matter that he's the 3rd receiver. He would be starting in most 12 man leagues.

I think it was a one game aberration. Austin and Witten both were not 100% and i'm sure Ogletree was an afterthought in the Giants preparation. Not to mention he was frequently covered by the NYG #4 CB. He'll have his moments but I would not expect many great performances like this from him. Espcially now when teams will have to acknowledge what he can do

I sincerely doubt that will happen. Dez Bryant is a freak show who should be getting almost all end zone passes. The real problem is that if they come out in the red zone in I form, pro-set, 2 te, Ogletree most likely wont even be on the field.

Right now starting Ogletree is nothing more than gambling. Stash him on the bench if you have a free spot, but in most leagues there should be other tempting choices.

Adrian Peterson is killing me... reports say he's going 100% in practice, he says he's cutting with full force, but his OC says he will only get 5-10 snaps on sunday.. In my experience in situations like these I'll sit the guy and he'll do something amazing with his 10 touches... :bang