Sox sign Kosuke Fukudome

southsider2k5

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 12:08 AM)
Sox fans need to seriously start worrying about a 48 year old Ichiro and Torii Hunter on wheels rolling around in the outfield soon. I know Manny got to take an iPod with him while on "defense"- would canes and respirators be permissible?

I'm sorry for using Manny as an example again, but he was able to relieve himself inside the Green Monster while a pitcher was being relieved on the mound. Catheters just seem like they would be more convenient and would allow the outfielders to study whoever was in the on-deck circle like a hawk would study it's opposition (smaller-sized mammals). Bonus- opposing hitters would have to get used to being surrounded by four hawks. The fourth has an ideal vantage point perched directly behind home plate enabling him to assist the umpiring crew with any trouble they may have in making a correct decision.

Bonus 2 - game worn jerseys are big business for memorabilia stores , but game used collection bags would be sought after and a new revenue stream is, more profit.

You said "stream." tee-hee, Beavis.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 10:23 PM)
I read in another article that Fukudome has a helicopter swing and will spin around 360 degree sometimes when he strikeouts. Well, I don't remember that but heck at least he will look interesting when he strike out.

He absolutely does that. My cousin is a big Cubs fan and that was a pet peeve of his about Fukudome.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 11:08 PM)
Sox fans need to seriously start worrying about a 48 year old Ichiro and Torii Hunter on wheels rolling around in the outfield soon. I know Manny got to take an iPod with him while on "defense"- would canes and respirators be permissible?

I'm sorry for using Manny as an example again, but he was able to relieve himself inside the Green Monster while a pitcher was being relieved on the mound. Catheters just seem like they would be more convenient and would allow the outfielders to study whoever was in the on-deck circle like a hawk would study it's opposition (smaller-sized mammals). Bonus- opposing hitters would have to get used to being surrounded by four hawks. The fourth has an ideal vantage point perched directly behind home plate enabling him to assist the umpiring crew with any trouble they may have in making a correct decision.

Bonus 2 - game worn jerseys are big business for memorabilia stores , but game used collection bags would be sought after with a furor that is typically reserved for the festively plump at a lunch buffet that closes in 45 seconds.

I couldn't tell if you were joking at first, but it got clearer and clearer :lol:

QUOTE (The Critic @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 03:06 AM)
He absolutely does that. My cousin is a big Cubs fan and that was a pet peeve of his about Fukudome.

I was a big Juan Uribe fan. Fact: Juan Uribe nearly put Transocean and several of its smaller competitors out of business as a cheaper, more environmentally friendly method of reaching some of the deepest oil wells. With the delicate state of our economy and rising unemployment, it was decided that the thousands of jobs that would be made obsolete would only lead us closer to a modern day Great Depression. Antitrust laws were applied, and the idea was shelved for the time being.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 09:21 AM)
His career OBP is way too high for Jeff Manto's liking.

My thought is good obp ,draws walks, and if he could be a good #2 hitter we could have DeAza, Iguchi and with Paulie hitting 3rd we'd have righty lefty and our rbi man paulie hitting third to drive them in. I can assume he will be as good in the number 2 spot as Iguchi was when he batted there.

QUOTE (forrestg @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 10:33 AM)
My thought is good obp ,draws walks, and if he could be a good #2 hitter we could have DeAza, Iguchi and with Paulie hitting 3rd we'd have righty lefty and our rbi man paulie hitting third to drive them in. I can assume he will be as good in the number 2 spot as Iguchi was when he batted there.

Really, no you can't.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 09:23 PM)
I read in another article that Fukudome has a helicopter swing and will spin around 360 degree sometimes when he strikeouts. Well, I don't remember that but heck at least he will look interesting when he strike out.493120.jpg

Now this makes sense to me, he's here to work with Dunn

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 09:43 PM)
Just to piss me off, Fuko will play a lot this season at the expense of DeAza, not Rios.

That will just suck.

I want DeAza to play all season to see if he can hit.

If you got to sit somebody, sit Rios!!!!

We have no idea how Robin will run the team.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 09:43 PM)
Just to piss me off, Fuko will play a lot this season at the expense of DeAza, not Rios.

That will just suck.

I want DeAza to play all season to see if he can hit.

If you got to sit somebody, sit Rios!!!!

Yea that's an Ozzie move, let's give Robin a fair shot first before rushing to conclusions.