Fuck the Bullpen Thread

Texsox

Can anyone pitch an inning or two around here? How big of a lead do we need to have a chance in the 9th? Is any lead safe? In a 7 inning game we are unbeatable. Everytime I see JM taking the ball from a starter I think, wake up the bleachers here they come. First we walk a couple guys than the hits start then it's all over.

Let's hope someone steps up in the next week or two to at least put a small doubt in the opponent that they might lose. As it is now, if I was playing the Sox, I would feel like I had a chance all the way to the 9th.

It really pisses me off when I was fighting sleep into the top of the 8th and Alomar hits into a DP so I go to bed thinking it's over - Only to wake up this morning and hear that we scored 4 runs in the 9th. Allright! - But wait a minute - they scored 4 in the bottom of the 8th! f***! :angry:

He need to know how to use them.  Colon should throw 100 pitches at least, no matter what.  He is better than anyone in the pen.

You are correct, the best way to use this pen is to keep them on the bench.

Well, Colon wasn't exactly on his game either, and made a couple of mental mistakes. After that great 3-6-1, he's gotta get the third out and strand the runnner. then there was the wild pitch where he didn't cover home. So I have no problem with taking him out. And he's entitled to a less that fabulous start now and then.

We have to use the pen. If it sinks the ship, then we're just not good enough. Overextending the starters will kill us faster.

We're still going to win this thing.

Yes they do suck, but Damaso is strong and if Flash gets out of this sucking period we have two reliable closers/set up men... Just need two more to come around!

I think it might be important to point out that Flash hasn't pitched for SIX days. WTF?

By his "sucking period" I assume you mean his last two outings where he was overworked and should not have even been used?

I think it might be important to point out that Flash hasn't pitched for SIX days.  WTF?

By his "sucking period" I assume you mean his last two outings where he was overworked and should not have even been used?

???? I would agree with you on the Aug 6th game but he had plenty of rest on the 3 run effort in the game before that and the blown save in the game before that.

I'm not complaining about Flash, just want him to get his shiite back together here for the stretch run.

I think it might be important to point out that Flash hasn't pitched for SIX days.  WTF?

You know JM is saving him... yeh, we are now saving relievers so when we go to the 3 man rotation, we can be strong in the 5th on... :dips***

Nevermind... :stupid

I think it might be important to point out that Flash hasn't pitched for SIX days. WTF?

Yet, I saw on some thread, where JM got criticized for using Flash with a 6 run lead. :huh:

He needed the time off. It was completely obvious that he couldn't handle the workload and needed rest. He is a guy who needs to get two days off everytime he throws or that skinny body of his will break down.