Celebrity Death Sites

Texsox

12 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go out of your way to visit a celebrity death site?

• I have, it is interesting
    • I would
    • No, why?
    • How will I know?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 16, 2012 -> 04:18 PM)
Dealy Plaza really changed the way that I viewed the assassination. I had no idea how small of an area we were talking about until I visited it. Plus the Museum was incredible.

Agreed. And it left me with an odd feeling of deja vu, visiting a place I'd never been to but yet had seen countless times.

Princess Diana- We drove near that tunnel

Adam Sandler('s career)- Watched Little Nicky at the Charlestowne Mall Classic Cinemas. Here is where his career met a violent end. Every time I've been back, there is a really heavy sort of presence in the air. It gets creepier- that year, stores began leaving the mall without any replacements coming in. 90% of the mall is vacant. Not exaggerating.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Feb 16, 2012 -> 03:53 PM)
Does Dealey Plaza count?

That is such a different situation. That's where the POTUS was assassinated (one of 4, and only one in 100 yrs). That location has such historical insignificance. Not where some "celebrity" actor took too many happy pills. Visitng a site like that is just goofy IMO.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 16, 2012 -> 10:09 PM)
That is such a different situation. That's where the POTUS was assassinated (one of 4, and only one in 100 yrs). That location has such historical insignificance. Not where some "celebrity" actor took too many happy pills. Visitng a site like that is just goofy IMO.

You can get to a couple of the Lincoln-related places in D.C., I believe the place where he was taken and treated after the theater I visited in 7th grade.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 16, 2012 -> 09:35 PM)
You can get to a couple of the Lincoln-related places in D.C., I believe the place where he was taken and treated after the theater I visited in 7th grade.

Same here. Was eerie seeing the blood stained pillow. Was 5 feet away from Lincoln's DNA

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 16, 2012 -> 10:09 PM)
That is such a different situation. That's where the POTUS was assassinated (one of 4, and only one in 100 yrs). That location has such historical insignificance. Not where some "celebrity" actor took too many happy pills. Visiting a site like that is just goofy IMO.

William McKinley was assassinated in 1901 - less than 100 years before Kennedy.

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 17, 2012 -> 12:54 AM)

LittleHurt05 was saying that Kennedy was the only president to be assassinated during the past 100 years. Between 1912 and 2012 Kennedy was the only one assassinated. McKinley was assassinated before then.

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 17, 2012 -> 12:54 AM)

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Feb 17, 2012 -> 03:14 AM)
LittleHurt05 was saying that Kennedy was the only president to be assassinated during the past 100 years. Between 1912 and 2012 Kennedy was the only one assassinated. McKinley was assassinated before then.

Thanks Don! :cheers

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 16, 2012 -> 09:09 PM)

The scope of who we are talking about here is very different. Plus after going I really feel like I understand the circumstances that make or break some of the conspiracies, much better. I don't think you would get that from Elvis's toilet.