The team is pretty much set.

GreatScott82

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Feb 25, 2012 -> 11:05 AM)
I'd probably hit Beckham second. I think he would benefit the most from having a "job" to do. He seems like one of those guys that gets in his own head and his mechanics go to s***.

Might agree with you had he not been hitting 2nd when things really started going to **** in 2010. Might be unrelated, but dah.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 25, 2012 -> 11:29 AM)
Might agree with you had he not been hitting 2nd when things really started going to **** in 2010. Might be unrelated, but dah.

Good point. Beckham's a mind boggler. If he doesn't respond to the new staff by the All Star break, I'd look into moving him in a failed prospect for failed prospect swap, kind of like Borchard/Thornton. A change of scenery might be the answer. If Lilly continues to hit, he might be the future at 2nd.

Alexei has to be the two batter to start out. I wish his OBP was higher, but the two hole is more important than everything except the fourth hole when it comes to overall offensive production. I don't know why everyone wants to punt the two hole.

I agree that peak Beckham belongs in the two-hole though.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Feb 25, 2012 -> 10:56 AM)
Good point. Beckham's a mind boggler. If he doesn't respond to the new staff by the All Star break, I'd look into moving him in a failed prospect for failed prospect swap, kind of like Borchard/Thornton. A change of scenery might be the answer. If Lilly continues to hit, he might be the future at 2nd.

The more I think about Lillibridge the more I want to see what he can do . When a guy hits as many HR's as he did in less than 200 AB's, he must have learned something and deserves a chance to be more than a supersub. I hope he gets a shot when others aren't playing well.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Feb 25, 2012 -> 08:03 PM)
The more I think about Lillibridge the more I want to see what he can do . When a guy hits as many HR's as he did in less than 200 AB's, he must have learned something and deserves a chance to be more than a supersub. I hope he gets a shot when others aren't playing well.

Or he was getting lucky and he is, no matter what, bound to regress to the mean somewhat. His HR/FB last was was 21.3%. The league average is right around 10%.

I agree he needs playing time, but expectations must remain tempered.

For comparison's sake, Jose Bautista - he of the 97 homers over the previous two seasons - had a HR/FB of 21.7% in 2010 and 22.5% in 2011. I'm not about to make a comparison between Brent Lillibridge and Jose Bautista, but I will let anybody else do so if they so please.