Oh hai, Mark Buehrle

Steve9347

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anybody watch the Franchise with the Giants last year. I only saw a little bit of it and was good. I imagine with these guys on the Marlins the show could be very interesting. Buehrle should be one of the focal points of this show. Not sure about Mr. Z. haha!

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 10:41 PM)
Did anybody watch the Franchise with the Giants last year. I only saw a little bit of it and was good. I imagine with these guys on the Marlins the show could be very interesting. Buehrle should be one of the focal points of this show. Not sure about Mr. Z. haha!

I think you have it the other way around. Zambrano definitely makes for better t.v.

Then you'd have Logan Morrison, Guillen, the Hanley/Reyes controversy, the new stadium, Josh Johnson, Mike Stanton, Heath Bell, quite a few different plot lines to focus on.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 08:56 PM)
I asked for it. It will be nice to have a 2nd favorite team. Yeah I know, theyre ugly.

you can still like buehrle et al. without becoming a fan of one of the most sleazy and worst run franchises in baseball. but to each his own.

When watching the Marlins, I'm reminded how that backstabbing asshole Don Cooper went over Ozzie's head and got himself a contract. I'm wondering what the good soldier, the loyal Jeff Cox is up to these days? How come Cowley doesn't have an article how Ozzie really took care of him and his loyalty?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 11, 2012 -> 01:35 PM)
When watching the Marlins, I'm reminded how that backstabbing asshole Don Cooper went over Ozzie's head and got himself a contract. I'm wondering what the good soldier, the loyal Jeff Cox is up to these days? How come Cowley doesn't have an article how Ozzie really took care of him and his loyalty?

WTF does it matter?

QUOTE (YASNY @ Mar 12, 2012 -> 02:22 AM)
WTF does it matter?

I think he's trying to say that Ozzie is full of s***, saying whatever is convenient for himself. He threw Cooper under the bus for being "disloyal" and looking for an extension for himself. But at the same time, Cox was "loyal" by Ozzie's own definition, and Ozzie still didn't bring him along to Miami with him.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 12, 2012 -> 09:42 AM)
I think he's trying to say that Ozzie is full of s***, saying whatever is convenient for himself. He threw Cooper under the bus for being "disloyal" and looking for an extension for himself. But at the same time, Cox was "loyal" by Ozzie's own definition, and Ozzie still didn't bring him along to Miami with him.

+1

What I'm trying to say is Ozzie's gone. So, it just doesn't matter now.

Not only Ozzie, but Cowley as well seems to have conveniently forgotten how it didnt turn out well for all those "loyal" to Ozzie. Sometimes, and I'm not a big Cooper guy, you have to watch out for yourself. I brought it up because I saw Ozzie on tv yesterday and also read about Cox looking for a job.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 12, 2012 -> 11:34 AM)
Not only Ozzie, but Cowley as well seems to have conveniently forgotten how it didnt turn out well for all those "loyal" to Ozzie. Sometimes, and I'm not a big Cooper guy, you have to watch out for yourself. I brought it up because I saw Ozzie on tv yesterday and also read about Cox looking for a job.

Wasn't Walker pissed in '10 for some remarks Ozzie made that threw him under the bus? Yeah, loyalty.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 16, 2012 -> 06:35 PM)
Buehrle vs Cardinals today:

2.1 inn

6 hits

5 runs

2 bb

2 k

9.95 spring ERA

He'll be the same guy in the NL. 30 starts/200 innings/4ish ERA

In other words, he'll be great.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 12, 2012 -> 01:34 PM)

#truthyoullneverseeinthesuntimes