Oh hai, Mark Buehrle

Steve9347

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 17, 2012 -> 11:38 PM)
In other words, he'll be great.

I wouldn't say great, but good enough to be a valuable pitcher.

The thought that he'll go to the NL and win 17-20 games because it's an easier league, I just don't buy it. The NL East is a pretty good hitting division, plus the Marlins interleague schedule is tough...6 with Boston, 6 with Tampa Bay, 3 with Toronto, 3 with Cleveland.

It's going to be about the same. 30-32 starts. 200-210 innings. 19-22 quality starts. And he'll come away with 13-15 wins, while the Marlins finish 80-82.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 18, 2012 -> 09:16 AM)
I wouldn't say great, but good enough to be a valuable pitcher.

The thought that he'll go to the NL and win 17-20 games because it's an easier league, I just don't buy it. The NL East is a pretty good hitting division, plus the Marlins interleague schedule is tough...6 with Boston, 6 with Tampa Bay, 3 with Toronto, 3 with Cleveland.

It's going to be about the same. 30-32 starts. 200-210 innings. 19-22 quality starts. And he'll come away with 13-15 wins, while the Marlins finish 80-82.

Valuable, but not $13.5 mil per season valuable.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 3, 2012 -> 01:21 PM)
Johnson is opening the Miami park tomorrow night. It's a one game series with the Cardinals for some odd reason.

I know the WS champion always plays the only game on opening night, but it's usually at home and part of a whole series.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 3, 2012 -> 01:42 PM)
I know the WS champion always plays the only game on opening night, but it's usually at home and part of a whole series.

Yeah... this 1 game series makes no sense, and it's ALWAYS at home for the Champs. Jeez, you'd think the Marlins actually mattered prior to this year for them to get all this special treatment.

Johnson is opening the Miami park tomorrow night. It's a one game series with the Cardinals for some odd reason.

The Marlins-Cardinals game was not on the original schedule. I remember because at the time Mark B signed with Miami, I was thinking that I would make the 100-mile trek to see Mark pitch the second game of the Marlins-Reds series.

Then at some point this opening night game got added and that pushed Mark up to the first game of the Marlins-Reds series, which screwed me because (1) Opening Day Reds tickets are nearly impossible to get and (2) much harder day for me to get off work.

Buerhle owned the NL when he pitched against them in interleague. I won't even bother looking up the stats. I would be disappointed if he pitched a bad game here. Now in the NL he gets to face the pitcher 2 to 3 times every start.

Would like to see Buehrle get the Marlins their first win of the season and Guillen's first win as manager of the Marlins.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Apr 5, 2012 -> 10:17 AM)
Buerhle owned the NL when he pitched against them in interleague. I won't even bother looking up the stats. I would be disappointed if he pitched a bad game here. Now in the NL he gets to face the pitcher 2 to 3 times every start.

Would like to see Buehrle get the Marlins their first win of the season and Guillen's first win as manager of the Marlins.

The teams that saw Mark the most often are the ones that hit him the hardest. Expect that gap to close as teams see him on a regular basis.

Well, he should be fine then against NL teams in the other divisions (like the Reds) for awhile. Phillies, Nationals, Braves should figure him out sooner. As for the Mets...well I wouldn't worry about them right now. haha!

I think Buehrle should be able to have a good season this year. And don't forgot that he now gets to face the pitcher. Of course, he has to bat himself. He sucks at hitting even though he did hit a HR once.