Alex Rios

rowand's rowdies

Alex Rios has moved up in my book. I've been golfing for 15 years, and have been a golf course general manager for 3 years. These actually seem like honest scores for his first 60 days of golf. Most adults who play at his level of golf are pathetic and even are able to lie to themselves about their scores. Golf is already a difficult game, but when you actually play by the rules, it is by far the most difficult. That being said, this guy really sucks at baseball, and his stance and swing looks that of a 9 year old girl.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Hawkfan @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 09:32 AM)
Alex Rios has moved up in my book. I've been golfing for 15 years, and have been a golf course general manager for 3 years. These actually seem like honest scores for his first 60 days of golf. Most adults who play at his level of golf are pathetic and even are able to lie to themselves about their scores. Golf is already a difficult game, but when you actually play by the rules, it is by far the most difficult. That being said, this guy really sucks at baseball, and his stance and swing looks that of a 9 year old girl.

That is an insult to 9 year old girls everywhere.

QUOTE (Hawkfan @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 09:32 AM)

This. My happiest moment ever in HS sports was when I hit an 40 on 9 last year. Then promptly hit like 63 or some crazy s*** (I ran out of will power after a string of low 40 matches didn't move me up to varsity).

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 10:45 AM)
I appreciate Todd Ritchie because he was a primary contributor to the most significant baseball record I've ever witnessed in person.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/box-scores...id=200207020CHA

Wow, crazy. Two things about this, I was at that game as well, awesome game to be at. But then also, I was literally JUST talking about this game with a co-worker about 5 hours ago, was looking at that same baseball-almanac website and then read this.

But anyways, least favorite for me was Juan Pierre. Glad he is gone this year.

Most hated player can't be just a guy who stinks, but one who appears to be a lazy azz and doesn't care. I haven't seen one name mentioned I dislike as much as Rios. The faster we can give this team an enema and dump him the faster the Sox can really start to get back to being a good team.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 08:06 AM)
Most hated player can't be just a guy who stinks, but one who appears to be a lazy azz and doesn't care. I haven't seen one name mentioned I dislike as much as Rios. The faster we can give this team an enema and dump him the faster the Sox can really start to get back to being a good team.

That's how I feel. I can't just pick a guy who failed (like a Dunn) or was hurt, or even was the victim of a bad trade. The keys are suckiness, attitude, and just bad teammate.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 08:06 AM)

Rios is a gem compared to Jaime Navarro.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 11:31 PM)
But golf...well, just look at how much Tiger Woods has struggled in the last two years. Like baseball, golf is 75% mental/psychological.

I think you proved his point. Since golf is mental, he obviously doesn't have the mental strength to WANT to get better. Granted this is coming from someone who shoots in the 70's.

LOL, how can you play golf for 60 straight days and not break 126???? A small child should be able to play the whole course with just a putter and beat that....

You suck, Alex.

I've been playing golf on and off for over 2 years and I'm still hitting around 100 in 18 holes. It's not easy to learn and get good at, especially if you're tall and especially not quickly.

And contrary to popular belief, his baseball swing mechanics could royally screw over someone's golf swing.

Are we really going to base our opinions of Alex Rios' hitting abilities based off his inability to shoot better than a 126 in golf? This is seriously ridiculous.

"Hey look, he's an athlete who isn't good at everything. He doesn't want to get better! What an asshole!"

Come on...

Are we really going to base our opinions of Alex Rios' hitting abilities based off his inability to shoot better than a 126 in golf?

Yes. I think a healthy, professional, baseball player in his prime who needs 126 swings at a stationary ball to complete 18 holes (and after 60 rounds experience), speaks volumes.

My wife shoots better than that and she's played maybe 10 times.

QUOTE (Andrew @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 10:36 AM)
Yes. I think a healthy, professional, baseball player in his prime who needs 126 swings at a stationary ball to complete 18 holes (and after 60 rounds experience), speaks volumes.

My wife shoots better than that and she's played maybe 10 times.

You ignored the rest of my post. Without any coaching or training, it's not an easy sport to pick up, not at all. It doesn't matter what your wife shoots (not offense) and it doesn't matter what Tiger Woods shoots.

And for all we know, he could be counting every single stroke, like a pro would, where as in casual golf, guys won't count scratches or penalties and such. Or pull the "I'll take 6" for a hole.

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Feb 29, 2012 -> 09:23 PM)
Grinderstad was the best worst part of 2007! I own his jersey shirt and play his drinking game every now and then (playing on loop the clip where he loses the ball in the lights @ LAA and puts his arms out. "AND IT DROPS BEHIND HIM!" drinking every time the ball drops behind him).

So it's almost like a drinking game where you count to 100 and drink if for some reason you run into some even numbers along the way. Some of the people I know are so awful about remembering rules for drinking games that this one just might work.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 29, 2012 -> 02:01 PM)
Do you smoke weed? :lol:

Probably just the boredom of an offseason that has been dragging. A delayed reaction from the greenery I burned from senior year of HS through sophomore year of college is possible too. It's been awhile. Actually, it kind of surprised me when I thought about how long ago my last adventure was.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 04:40 PM)
You ignored the rest of my post. Without any coaching or training, it's not an easy sport to pick up, not at all. It doesn't matter what your wife shoots (not offense) and it doesn't matter what Tiger Woods shoots.

And for all we know, he could be counting every single stroke, like a pro would, where as in casual golf, guys won't count scratches or penalties and such. Or pull the "I'll take 6" for a hole.

Yes, Alex probably doesn't cheat in golf which I commend him for.

I could go out today and probably average six a hole for a 108. But truthfully, in whacking the ball out of bounds several times and not counting that and scuffing a few and hitting another ball a few times, and having 8 footers be gimmie putts, my actual score would probalby be close to 140.

I love how some golfers I know are all proud when they shoot 79. Well, I watch them play and they hit another tee shot here and there and have so many gimmie putts it's ridiculous.

Kudos to Alex ... for this topic at least.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 10:40 AM)

If someone's honest in their golf score they are either playing in the PGA or an honest person.

And people need to stop acting like golf is easy to pick up in two months, no matter how often you play.

There are more differences than similarities between baseball and golf. Plus, you do get a little better by being on the course, you really improve with range and putting green time. I'm guessing he spent all his time on the course and not spending any time practicing recovery shots.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 05:33 AM)
If someone's honest in their golf score they are either playing in the PGA or an honest person.

And people need to stop acting like golf is easy to pick up in two months, no matter how often you play.

Or sandbagging.

QUOTE (rowand's rowdies @ Feb 28, 2012 -> 10:58 PM)
Proof came in Rios' low score for 18 holes: 126.

Guy can't hit anything ... seriously, that's pathetic, anyone with reasonable athletic skills can hit a golf ball, especially after trying for 2 months straight.

Worst White Sox player? How could it not be Manny Ramirez or Sammy Sosa ... cheating scumbags

QUOTE (La Marr Hoyt HOF @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 08:46 AM)
Guy can't hit anything ... seriously, that's pathetic, anyone with reasonable athletic skills can hit a golf ball, especially after trying for 2 months straight.

Worst White Sox player? How could it not be Manny Ramirez or Sammy Sosa ... cheating scumbags

Don't forget Pablo Ozuna in your "cheating scumbags" rant.