IKEA

IlliniKrush

Don't go there, the place is ridiculous and way too big. I had to do some shopping for stuff for my apartment and just couldn't stand it.

Too much of everything and way too many decisions to make on every piece of furnishing known to man

I think it's just wrong when you have to choose from about 30 chairs for a desk, many with weird designs. Or a lamp for our front room? 15 choices?

I think i said to my mom at one point "what are they trying to do here, reinvent the wheel?" And that about sums up my thoughts on what they've done. Another quote was "sometimes i wish i lived in the 1950's"

For a guy it really tests your patience because it's so big and there's so many options. Keep it simple and don't make me make so many decisions, i hate shopping to begin with even when it's for myself.

How big is that store? Walmart size?

Anyways, I hear ya on hating shopping...That's why Christmas shopping always is hard for me.

If you don't wanna have to decide on 30 choices, try going to Walmart or Target. The stuff's probably less expensive as well.

How big is that store?  Walmart size?

Anyways, I hear ya on hating shopping...That's why Christmas shopping always is hard for me.

If you don't wanna have to decide on 30 choices, try going to Walmart or Target.  The stuff's probably less expensive as well.

Heather, it's about a little smaller than a Wal-Mart...but...it's three stories. Three big hexagons (or octagons) with all the escalators and stuff in the middle. It's a pretty awesome place. Lots of stuuf for the home from furniture to storage containers to pictures and kitchen stuff.

IKEA

Don't go there, the place is ridiculous and way too big. I had to do some shopping for stuff for my apartment and just couldn't stand it.

Too much of everything and way too many decisions to make on every piece of furnishing known to man

I think it's just wrong when you have to choose from about 30 chairs for a desk, many with weird designs. Or a lamp for our front room? 15 choices?

I think i said to my mom at one point "what are they trying to do here, reinvent the wheel?"  And that about sums up my thoughts on what they've done. Another quote was "sometimes i wish i lived in the 1950's"

For a guy it really tests your patience because it's so big and there's so many options. Keep it simple and don't make me make so many decisions, i hate shopping to begin with even when it's for myself.

Why didn't ya tell me ya needed help decorating...?? You saw what an excellent decorator I am.. :P

I think i said to my mom at one point "what are they trying to do here, reinvent the wheel?"  And that about sums up my thoughts on what they've done. Another quote was "sometimes i wish i lived in the 1950's"

Why didn't ya tell me ya needed help decorating...?? You saw what an excellent decorator I am.. :P

Uh, it's a guys apartment...i don't know if i want a woman decorating it....? People might start to get the wrong idea

However if you'd like to put a pool in our apartment like yours (don't know how in the hell you'd do that), i'd be more than willing to let you

Uh, it's a guys apartment...i don't know if i want a woman decorating it....? People might start to get the wrong idea

However if you'd like to put a pool in our apartment like yours (don't know how in the hell you'd do that), i'd be more than willing to let you

How hard could it be to decorate a guys apartment..? A few milk crates.. a futon.. some Playboy's and wala! Home ;)

How hard could it be to decorate a guys apartment..? A few milk crates.. a futon.. some Playboy's and wala! Home ;)

Alright, seems like you have the right frame of mind now

You left out the big screen TV, stereo system, video game system of choice, and computer!

You left out the big screen TV, stereo system, video game system of choice, and computer!

They are college students..

No big screen till they graduate! :nono

Actually, this one guy on my floor last year had a 27" screen in his room. We all crowded in there to watch football games.

And, Koch This, I don't know if this is as good as Steff's pool, but I might be able to get a hot tub in your front room! ;)

Actually, this one guy on my floor last year had a 27" screen in his room. We all crowded in there to watch football games.

And, Koch This, I don't know if this is as good as Steff's pool, but I might be able to get a hot tub in your front room! ;)

I have a 27" in my office..

and a 65" in my living room. :P

I'm interested in the hot tub in the living room thing though... That way in the winter I don't have to go out to the one on the deck. :lol:

I had a 32 inch tv in my dorm room last year, and it's goin in the apartment this year. Pretty ridiculous eh?

Stereo, covered

Computer, covered

Video game system, PS2...with mostly NCAA with some Madden and NHL played

I had a 32 inch tv in my dorm room last year, and it's goin in the apartment this year. Pretty ridiculous eh?

Stereo, covered

Computer, covered

See, now that's what I am talking about! :headbang

Stereo, covered

Computer, covered

I didn't see "Playboy covered...." :rolleyes:

Stereo, covered

Computer, covered

I didn't see "Playboy covered...." :rolleyes:

Ya steff i thought you said you'd take care of that?

- Covered

Wow that's a spot-on description of my dorm room last year. Except there weren't any milk crates, or Playboys; mostly SI's and SPIN magazines stolen from the lobby.