Best regional chains

Texsox

We just stopped at El Pollo Loco for a quick lunch and I realized it is my favorite chicken chain. My favorite burger chain, Whataburger is also a regional chain. Whatcha got (chain wise) that you would miss if you moved?

I would also add El Pato or Tacaria El Zarape for tacos.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Portillo's, Jimmy John's, and Potbelly. Never knew how much I loved those three until I can't have them anymore.

And may I just say, I don't want to see Five Guys anywhere near this list. It's a trashcake chain; you only like it because people WANT you to like it. Sit down and actually eat one of those burgers and you'll realize that it isn't nearly as delicious as people claim it is, especially for the price.

For Texas BBQ, single location places with pits that are 50+ years old are the way to go, but in a pinch, Rudy's is good for a chain. I thought 5 Guys was pretty good but we have a little neighborhood place Gonzalez Grocers that crushes them. The place only sells burgers, onion rings, and fries. Coke from cans. Wait 30 minutes when they are slow. Is Smashburger anywhere y'all?

Italian Villa or Italian Village? I love sending visitors to Italian Village. They are always impressed. Not always the food exactly, but it is exactly what they expected from a Chicago I-talian joint.

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 05:13 PM)
Portillo's, Jimmy John's, and Potbelly. Never knew how much I loved those three until I can't have them anymore.

And may I just say, I don't want to see Five Guys anywhere near this list. It's a trashcake chain; you only like it because people WANT you to like it. Sit down and actually eat one of those burgers and you'll realize that it isn't nearly as delicious as people claim it is, especially for the price.

Disagree completely about five guys. The best burger ever? Hardly. But its still really good and one of my favorites.

QUOTE (G&T @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 05:23 PM)
DiBellas.

Oh YES!

When I lived in Ann Arbor that was my favorite lunch spot.

I would always get the Godfather on everything bread with hot peppers, spicy mustard, lettuce, tomato. And their chocolate chip cookies, amazing.

QUOTE (Tex @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 05:35 PM)
For Texas BBQ, single location places with pits that are 50+ years old are the way to go, but in a pinch, Rudy's is good for a chain. I thought 5 Guys was pretty good but we have a little neighborhood place Gonzalez Grocers that crushes them. The place only sells burgers, onion rings, and fries. Coke from cans. Wait 30 minutes when they are slow. Is Smashburger anywhere y'all?

One just opened near my family house in Lake Zurich, and I see another chain called Meatheads here in Champaign. Haven't tried either.

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 06:57 PM)
If you're in the neighborhood, we can make a soxtalk outing out of it. Maybe drag Ss2k5 out of his married cocoon.

Sure, I drive right by it on my way to a family cottage near South Haven, so I could plan a trip out or from there easily.