Best regional chains

Texsox

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 08:01 PM)
Jimmy John's

El Pollo Loco

Both highly false statements.

I can't stand Potbelly's, and comparing Popeyes to El Pollo is like comparing mashed potatoes to french fries, they can both be at the top of their game and even though they come from the same thing they aren't in the same category.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 08:38 PM)
I've gotten to the point where I can't stand Subway - the bread is all dried out and nasty.

We don't have Pollo Loco up here I don't think but I liked it pretty good when we've stopped in places south of here.

Try the flatbread.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 08:04 AM)
I'll have to keep that in mind next time I get up to Chicago. One of the downsides to having small children is that the trips to Chicago have been much less frequent.

I know that all too well. We just spent over $50 going to see The Lorax over the weekend with the kids. Insane.

Everytime I read an article about Giordano's troubled future I quickly glance around to make sure no one saw that tear roll down my cheek. Whether or not I eat pizza ever again is directly tied to their future.

Portillo's was mentioned.

I'm pumped every time I go to our place down in Florida. Checkers seems to thrive nicely down there. I'm not big on Fast Food, but I'll eat the biggest, greasiest burger on their menu every day I'm down there.

Chik-fil-A would be another one, though they seem to have started spawning all over the place now.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 03:09 AM)
And Five Burgers are definitely worth all the hype. So delicious. The fries are pretty good, too.

I have had 5 Guys three times at three different locations. At every one, I was given a soggy bag full of limp, greasy fries. Absolutely terrible. And even more annoying when your restaurant is filled with arrogant "Best Fries Ever!" posters.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 03:19 PM)
I have had 5 Guys three times at three different locations. At every one, I was given a soggy bag full of limp, greasy fries. Absolutely terrible. And even more annoying when your restaurant is filled with arrogant "Best Fries Ever!" posters.

I love the bag of greasy fries.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 03:55 PM)
I lived on Sonic in college, though they're becoming pretty damn national. Also, Chick-Fil-A. I didn't think a plain chicken sandwich could be that good.

Chick-Fil-A is incredible. I only get it when we drive from NY to IL and I also wonder if it will be as good as I remember. It always is. Plus the staff is really nice.