Ross Gload

Loaiza21

How should the White Sox handle Ross Gload  

28 members have voted

1. 1. How should the White Sox handle Ross Gload

• Send Gload to the majors. Send down Daubach...
    • Call him up in September and give him some starts
    • Let him finish the year in AAA
    • Develop him into a postion where we can use him

Everyone seems to be saying that Ross Gload is a spectacular hitter that never really got a chance to play in the Majors. I'd really like to see him play a few games for us so we don't pass up on him and let a team that can play him nab him off the Rule 5 and have him become a Jay Gibbons (also a Rule 5 pick).

There's no way I'd send Daubach down right now. The rosters do expand in a few weeks, so we can let him get more time in the minors before that, bringing him up when the rosters do expand.

I think we need consistency in our lineup right now. The last thing we need is for JM to have more 'tinkering' to do.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/g/gloadro01.shtml

These are Gload's ML stats. He couldn't even hit good enough to stick in Colorado, what makes anyone think he will hit somewhere else?

He is 27 years old and doesn't play a skill position. Once again, he is a classic AAAA player who will never amount to anything at the major league level. The guy has basically been in AAA for 4 or 5 years now and has never been able to stick with a big league team. After that much time at AAA, I would hope he has gotten the hang of it :rolleyes:

Alot of players look like a AAA for good player, but you never know, he could have found his stroke and turned into a different player. When someone is hitting that well in AAA he can for sure be hitting decent in the majors. I don't know how many of you pay attention to hockey. But there was an American named Brian Rafalski playing in the Finnish Elite League because no one thought he was good enough to play in the NHL, now he's with the Devils and is considered one of the best players in the league. It won't hurt anyone calling him up during the expanded roster period.

The Rockies dispatched him because there was no way he could ever supplant Helton, and they have three high priced outfield starters who happen to be pretty good players plus an even more promising youngster (Reyes). Still, the guy is a player, based on accounts of others. And we control him, so let's keep him until the 2004 outfield situation is resolved (Lee, Everett).

Guest hotsoxchick1

have to agree with heather here.. im not for sendin down dauber....and im definately not for more tinkering..........weve finally got something going lets keep it rolling......bring him up when we expand.......adn he can bring miles and hankins with him...... ;)

Gload has played a massive 44 games at the bigs. If he had around 100 or so, I would consider him an AAAA player, but the guy can rake. Career .302 batting average.

Career MINOR LEAGUE .302 hitter. Trust me, if he was that good of a hitter, he would have a place on a team like Detroit, Tampa, etc...

I'd like to see Gload get some playing time as a September call-up. And, for those that think after a player has been in AAA for 4 or 5 years, he can't be a good big league player, you're wrong. Now, I'm not saying Gload would be a good major leaguer, but you never know until you give the guy some playing time. A perfect example of someone playing in the minors for many years and not sticking with a big league team, and then all of a sudden be a good major leaguer is Scott Podsednik for the Brewers.

Ya gotta give the kid a chance! All of our prospects are getting old down in AAA. Make him a Septwember call-up and let him start a few games. Whatever happens, happens.

:lol:

What did Gload do to deserve a chance? He's behind 2-4 guys on the depth chart at any position he can play. He (and Aaron Miles) are duds.