Steve9347

Adam Dunn Batting Average Over/Under  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Adam Dunn BA o/u .210

• Over
    • Under

Some relevant Dunn quotes...

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏ @CST_soxvan

Dunn: stepping up the intensity in cage work early in the spring seems to be paying off

Dunn: Manto and I are on the same page with a lot of things. You don't always have that with a hitting coach

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 9, 2012 -> 08:55 AM)
Some relevant Dunn quotes...

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏ @CST_soxvan

Dunn: stepping up the intensity in cage work early in the spring seems to be paying off

Dunn: Manto and I are on the same page with a lot of things. You don't always have that with a hitting coach

Referring to last year?

But does it matter that much to "be on the same page" with an advisor whose role never really matters that much in the grand scheme of things?

Rudy Jaramillo hey lets pay him a ton, hey lets go on and on about how awful Greg Walker is. That'll all make us feel good about our s*** talent.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Mar 9, 2012 -> 11:12 AM)
But does it matter that much to "be on the same page" with an advisor whose role never really matters that much in the grand scheme of things?

Rudy Jaramillo hey lets pay him a ton, hey lets go on and on about how awful Greg Walker is. That'll all make us feel good about our s*** talent.

We dumped Nick Swisher for refusing to get on the same page as walker, by some reports.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 9, 2012 -> 02:21 PM)
How is Dunn hitting so far in ST games?

Any bombs?

Swung the bat very nicely yesterday as well. Actually made solid contact with 2 strikes, a huge surprise for me. His bat looked a bit quicker and he looked much more confident to me. Beckham and Morel impressed as well, not to mention Rios. If this is an indication of what is to come then this could really be a fun year...we just need to find a way to get someone else in that 2 spot other than AJ, IMO

QUOTE (Real @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 11:24 PM)
People will actually make the case "I didn't think it was possible for Dunn to have a worse 2012 than he did in 2011" after this season is over.

Under, followed by a resignation of KW ;)

I'd be willing to wager almost anything that this doesn't even come close to happening.

I'm also taking the over. I think he has a season a bit below his career averages, meaning he'll be a quality contributor for us.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Mar 10, 2012 -> 09:32 AM)
Swung the bat very nicely yesterday as well. Actually made solid contact with 2 strikes, a huge surprise for me. His bat looked a bit quicker and he looked much more confident to me. Beckham and Morel impressed as well, not to mention Rios. If this is an indication of what is to come then this could really be a fun year...we just need to find a way to get someone else in that 2 spot other than AJ, IMO

Nice. Any further updates?

For some reason I never follow spring training.

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Mar 11, 2012 -> 10:23 AM)
Over. He'll hit .235 with 25 HR, 100 RBI and strike out 165 times.

I don't think he can get to 100 RBI without 35 home runs or a significantly higher batting average.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 12, 2012 -> 09:35 AM)
Dunn hit a grand slam for me last night in MLB 12 the Show. His batter walk-up music is "Camouflage" by Brad Paisley. This is all a good sign.

I play the Com2Us 9 Innings on my iPhone. Adam Dunn has 30 HRs and 65 RBIs at the All Star break. So, things are looking good. ;)

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Mar 12, 2012 -> 06:59 AM)
The one K is very encouraging. But, it's a very small sample size...

I think the biggest thing for Dunn is getting his confidence back. A solid spring would go a long way to helping that. As would a good start to the season.

Are we all in agreement that as Adam Dunn goes, so goes the team?

I don't mean that his having a great year means success for the Sox, just that if he reverts to being that guaranteed out he was last year we're pretty much hopeless in 2012? Although things are looking encouraging so far.

Ah, let me amend that: Dunn and Rios. They can't have another 2011 without dragging the team down.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Mar 12, 2012 -> 02:10 PM)
Are we all in agreement that as Adam Dunn goes, so goes the team?

I don't mean that his having a great year means success for the Sox, just that if he reverts to being that guaranteed out he was last year we're pretty much hopeless in 2012? Although things are looking encouraging so far.

Ah, let me amend that: Dunn and Rios. They can't have another 2011 without dragging the team down.

The team's fortunes will likely rest on the four horsemen of underachievement from 2011: Dunn, Rios, Beckham and Peavy. IF all of them, or even three of them, get to where their talent/averages have been, this team will be well above .500. If, say, one or none of them recover in a meaningful way, I could see this team having a 2007-like record.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 09:19 AM)
The team's fortunes will likely rest on the four horsemen of underachievement from 2011: Dunn, Rios, Beckham and Peavy. IF all of them, or even three of them, get to where their talent/averages have been, this team will be well above .500. If, say, one or none of them recover in a meaningful way, I could see this team having a 2007-like record.

I like this post, because I agree with it.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 09:19 AM)

I can't argue this. We are talking about three all-stars here. If they play close to those levels, they easily replaces the Departed.