Sox Brewers Spring game thread

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morel with his 2nd hit (flare).

Wild swing on an outside pitch K's Mitchell, but that 3 run blast was a no-doubter and about the only highlight today for the Sox.

If he's back as legit prospect again, I'll be glad to trade that for an 0-3 record so far in ST.

Another solution for the Melton problem is listening to the MLB.com feed, but it features former Brewer Bill Schroeder so it's about as biased as Hawk.

Edited by caulfield12

Saladino, Kenny Williams (GREAT!!!) and Trayce Thompson in the game now.

Stewart throws the ball down the RF line and Gallagher wasn't even on the bag holding him on.

Why would the Brewers be stealing with a 7 run lead? C'mon Stewart, get your head out of your you know what.

Just get the freakin' batters out.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Mar 7, 2012 -> 04:00 PM)
Jordan Danks? He's a 4th/5th OF with his strikeout rate. It's also completely unrealistic to hit on every top prospect. It's why farm system depth is so necessary. Prospects bust. Quite frequently in fact. You can't just grab two or three guys you like and call it a day. What if Molina is a middle of the rotation guy or even a reliever like many scouts believe? What if Sale is the same? I can tell you that the chances that both players end up as top of the rotation starters is very remote.

I meant John Danks and his extension. If they are wrong on any of those three then there should be a regime change. That's the hole KW dug.

Michael Blanke sighting.

White Sox go down 1-2-3 against the Univ of Texas phenom Youngman.

Eric Stults in. Ray Olmedo into the game as well.

They've got Escobar playing 3B today, with Saladino at SS and Lilly at 2B.

Olmedo's playing 2B now for Brent. Gallagher 1B, OF of Williams, Thompson and Mitchell. Blanke C.

Need to double-check, maybe Mitchell's the DH and Delwyn Young in RF.

At least someone gets on base, Gallagher with the walk.

Four pitch walk to Saladino for the 14th pick in the 1st round last year.

Edited by caulfield12

Thompson hustles out on a double play ball, Saladino really took out the infielder at 2B and the run scores...ball goes into dugout.

At least the young guys are trying.

Escobar with a weak groundball to SS off the end of the bat...at least he has Pablo Ozuna's old number 38, unfortunately not his ability to get on base.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 7, 2012 -> 04:41 PM)
Did Thompson get an at bat yet? I saw he was in the game, so now my interest is back haha. Hoping to see an AB before the game is over....

He hit a fairly weak double play ball to SS. Looked like he had a bit of patience...then again, the pitcher just walked the two preceding batters, so he didn't have much choice but to wait for a pitch to hit.

Brian Bruney in for the 9th. Let's see something besides center cut fastballs, Brian.

That wasn't a base hit.

Only because they're playing in Glendale does Williams' son get that one. What a joke his even taking playing time over ANYONE else is.

Olmedo single dumped in front of the RFer.

Hector Jimenez, whoever that is...just got an RBI single.

10-5. Rally time.

Delwyn Young SAC FLY to deep CF. 10-6.

Gallagher K's.

Good luck with Neftali Feliz tmrw. Missed Darvish's debut by one game.

Edited by caulfield12

Personally I didn't think Peavy pitched that bad at all and very easily could/should have been out of there with no run off of him. I thought Morel pegged the guy at 1st in the 1st inning...should have been out of the jam. In the 2nd...Alex Rios again displays he absolutely gets ZERO jump on any fly ball. Just stick his ass in LF and tell him to stfu.

Overall another uninspired performance.

How you keep Lilly out of the lineup is beyond me.

AJ let probably 3 balls pass

Mitchell absolutely crushed one

Jordan Danks is nowhere near ready

It's early but the bullpen has me concerned

Damn I'm startin to love me some Morel...

QUOTE (Wanne @ Mar 7, 2012 -> 08:08 PM)
Personally I didn't think Peavy pitched that bad at all and very easily could/should have been out of there with no run off of him. I thought Morel pegged the guy at 1st in the 1st inning...should have been out of the jam. In the 2nd...Alex Rios again displays he absolutely gets ZERO jump on any fly ball. Just stick his ass in LF and tell him to stfu.

Overall another uninspired performance.

How you keep Lilly out of the lineup is beyond me.

AJ let probably 3 balls pass

Mitchell absolutely crushed one

Jordan Danks is nowhere near ready

It's early but the bullpen has me concerned

Damn I'm startin to love me some Morel...

Who are you going to bench to play Lillibridge everyday?

Beckham, Rios, DeAza, Viciedo, Morel or Dunn?

DeAza's the most "expendable" in terms of investment and future impact being replaceable...although clearly we would love to bench Dunn or Rios, it doesn't seem possible in either case, not until August at least.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 7, 2012 -> 08:27 PM)
Who are you going to bench to play Lillibridge everyday?

Beckham, Rios, DeAza, Viciedo, Morel or Dunn?

DeAza's the most "expendable" in terms of investment and future impact being replaceable...although clearly we would love to bench Dunn or Rios, it doesn't seem possible in either case, not until August at least.

Understand that about Lilly...but Gordo needs to be on a short leash if offense in lacking IMO was the point...

QUOTE (Wanne @ Mar 7, 2012 -> 09:52 PM)
Understand that about Lilly...but Gordo needs to be on a short leash if offense in lacking IMO was the point...

Beckham gets the whole season unless he's so bad you send him to Vharlitte. He does nothing and hes a nontender candidate.