White Sox have checked on relievers

southsider2k5

They're either thinking of dealing Thornton and replacing him with one of those two guys (assuming Reed is the eventual closer) or they're not quite ready to commit to going with Santiago/Stults/Veal, etc.

The bullpen looks right now to have basically four rookies, and that has to be a major concern to Ventura.

It was pretty unlikely they would break camp with 3 lefties, so we'll just have to wait and see what develops.

I'd rather they stick with the current group, and make Reed the closer. But if they could get a haul for Thornton right now, I couldn't blame them for doing it. I just don't know what kind of message that would be sending the team now that they're already in camp.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 7, 2012 -> 10:02 AM)
They're either thinking of dealing Thornton and replacing him with one of those two guys (assuming Reed is the eventual closer) or they're not quite ready to commit to going with Santiago/Stults/Veal, etc.

The bullpen looks right now to have basically four rookies, and that has to be a major concern to Ventura.

It was pretty unlikely they would break camp with 3 lefties, so we'll just have to wait and see what develops.

I think its more of the last option. I dont blame them if thats the case.

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ Mar 7, 2012 -> 11:49 AM)
Perhaps they are looking at bad advance ticket sales, and Thornton's big contract in the way.

$7 million a year would not make up for ticket sales so bad that they're panicking at this stage. You. Dump Danks Konerko and Floyd if you're tht desperate.