St. Patrick's Day

SoxFan1

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 02:42 PM)
Wearing green, drinking Guinness for breakfast, going to a parade, having corned beef and cabbage. Then going to a party.

Yes, I'm Irish.

I'm only like 10% Irish (if that) so I'll wear green and drink my beer and whiskey down there. :D But really, just another day to get hammered for me.

Going to my in laws tonight. Dinner will consist of potato leak soup, black and white pudding, irish sausage, some irish bacon,corned beef and then trifle for dessert. After dinner, The kids are staying over. The wife and I are going out to watch the insanity.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Mar 17, 2012 -> 11:11 AM)
Going to my in laws tonight. Dinner will consist of potato leak soup, black and white pudding, irish sausage, some irish bacon,corned beef and then trifle for dessert. After dinner, The kids are staying over. The wife and I are going out to watch the insanity.

I hope they use leeks instead...

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 16, 2012 -> 09:13 AM)
Yep, that's the word. Because of it falling on a Saturday, many more people will be able to go. I can't freaking wait. Leaving work in about 5 hours to get down there.

That. Was. NUTS.

We got up a 4:20 in the morning to reserve a spot at a square downtown and had a couple tents up right along the parade route. We were downtown by 5:30, got set up at 6, and stayed downtown until about 5pm. It was an absolute s***show. Savannah does it right.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 18, 2012 -> 08:23 PM)
That. Was. NUTS.

We got up a 4:20 in the morning to reserve a spot at a square downtown and had a couple tents up right along the parade route. We were downtown by 5:30, got set up at 6, and stayed downtown until about 5pm. It was an absolute s***show. Savannah does it right.

Dude... Wow. Savannah definitely does it right.

I can't believe you got up that early. That's around when I went to bed and then we got up at like 9 and were downtown by 10:30. Having tents was a great idea. We were all saying that we should try to do that the next time we go to Savannah for St Patty's.

But yes, it was an absolute s***show. We stayed out until 2 last night and every single bar was still packed. Unfortunately, I knew it was time to go when I fell asleep at the bar and spilled my beer everywhere. Apparently, I was talking to some girl and fell asleep while she was talking. I wish I could have seen that.

Edited by dasox24