BP Cup preview game- Sox/Cubs 3/9/12

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 9, 2012 -> 02:40 PM)
Brooks Boyer in the booth, looking to sell some tickets.

Brooks is claiming that tickets will be cheaper in many situations with dynamic pricing than on places like stubhub.

Alejandro walks, AJ bunts them over to 2nd and 3rd, one out.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 9, 2012 -> 02:49 PM)
Brooks is claiming that tickets will be cheaper in many situations with dynamic pricing than on places like stubhub.

Alejandro walks, AJ bunts them over to 2nd and 3rd, one out.

Nothing will beat those $5 day of game seats that will be available all season long on stubhub.

PK bounces into a DP.

Still, I am very encouraged with what I've seen out of Dunn, Rios, Beckham & Morel in a very small sample size today...if it keeps up like this throughout the year it really could be an exciting year to watch this team.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 9, 2012 -> 04:00 PM)
That is quite a load-up Viciedo puts on his swing. That is not a swing that is going to lead to much success in the Majors, sadly.

I was going to say that strike 3 swing was VERY long. Hopefully we see him learn to shorten it up a bit

Not the best outing by Sale but not the worst either. I think it's going to take time for him to settle in to the Starters role. However Viciedo in LF is starting to scare the sh** out of me.

Overall though, like seeing the starters in there today. Still a long long way to go though.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 9, 2012 -> 04:10 PM)
Maybe it was the pitches he was facing, but watching Jordan Danks, it is little wonder he strikes out so much. Seems like he is making his swing decision way, way early, and has a slow load-up.

Yep. The knock on Jordan has been his long swing since forever.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 9, 2012 -> 01:29 PM)
Jones gets the first two, and then Byrd goes yard. 4-1 Cubs

That ball was tagged. Been here for a few games and the pitching looks shaky still. Hope they hit a groove. Dunn looks much more committed in the box. Just missed going oppo into the wind.