Midwest Region

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 16, 2012 -> 10:29 PM)
What did I miss?

69-68 St Mary's lead with 30 seconds left. Purdue gets called for traveling. St Mary's to inbound on the baseline and the StM player starts running the baseline. Of course traveling is called and Purdue ends up making 2 FTs on the next possession and the rest is history.

Pound for pound, I'd say this play was dumber than Webber's play. Atleast Webber's team was losing at the moment of the timeout. But this played happened in the first round and not a title game. Plus having 2 #2 seeds losing will help bury this play too.

Self would be on a pretty hot seat in Lawrence if not for that national championship game escape.

It must be a deja vu feeling for KU fans when their team gets down by 10-12 points early in an NCAA tourney game the last decade or so.

Big 10 looking to have 5 of the final 16 teams surviving, Big East second with only 3.

Johnson's draft pick status has jumped about 5-10 spots in the first round thanks to the last two games for KU.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 18, 2012 -> 09:48 PM)
Self would be on a pretty hot seat in Lawrence if not for that national championship game escape.

It must be a deja vu feeling for KU fans when their team gets down by 10-12 points early in an NCAA tourney game the last decade or so.

Big 10 looking to have 5 of the final 16 teams surviving, Big East second with only 3.

Johnson's draft pick status has jumped about 5-10 spots in the first round thanks to the last two games for KU.

Kansas did a way better job on Hummel in the second half, which ended up being the difference. Credit Painter, as Purdue shouldn't even have been in that game. On a personal note, if I never see a Hummel or Novak again, I will be happy.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 08:34 AM)
Kansas did a way better job on Hummel in the second half, which ended up being the difference. Credit Painter, as Purdue shouldn't even have been in that game. On a personal note, if I never see a Hummel or Novak again, I will be happy.

Does Hummel have siblings?