South Region

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 23, 2012 -> 10:01 PM)
If you switch Teague with Wall as a freshman two years ago, I say they'd have a chance.

That's what I was thinking, Charlotte's frontcourt is really bad but Augustin and Walker wouldn't be a good matchup for UK.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 23, 2012 -> 10:01 PM)
If you switch Teague with Wall as a freshman two years ago, I say they'd have a chance.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 23, 2012 -> 10:05 PM)
That's what I was thinking, Charlotte's frontcourt is really bad but Augustin and Walker wouldn't be a good matchup for UK.

Realistically, there is no chance they beat an NBA team. Maybe once out of 10 games. Even the Bobcats.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 23, 2012 -> 10:07 PM)
Realistically, there is no chance they beat an NBA team. Maybe once out of 10 games. Even the Bobcats.

It's definitely a stretch, the NBA team is always going to have way better depth. That said, the Bobcats are so bad and Kentucky has so much NBA-caliber talent that it's about as close as I can ever remember.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 23, 2012 -> 10:13 PM)
It's definitely a stretch, the NBA team is always going to have way better depth. That said, the Bobcats are so bad and Kentucky has so much NBA-caliber talent that it's about as close as I can ever remember.

Not just depth, but size too.

Teague/Lamb/Kidd-Gilchrist/Jones/Davis with Miller off the bench. Sure, lots of NBA-caliber talent, but Bobcats have a lot of guys who were good to great college players too. And a lot of lottery picks. Augustin, Walker, Henderson, Magette. Even Tyrus Thomas and BJ Mullens. Hell, DJ White was a damn good college player himself. Not to mention Miyombo.

Ouch.

Well, I take solace in the fact that we bring EVERYONE* back (only significant loss is Verdell Jones, and he was the 7th best player) AND bring in one of the top recruiting classes next year. Here's to hoping they gel together well.

Also, Oladipo's eyes looked scary. He's a tireless worker, I have no doubt he can add an outside game this summer. If he does that, he's 1st or 2nd team all-big ten next year, no doubt.

*This assumes Zeller stays. I'd be pretty surprised if he left. My gut tells me junior year, just basing it on what I know of his family and whatnot; that said, if he does really well next year and could be a lottery pick I could see him going after that (his soph year). But, I really don't see him going this year.

Zeller is going nowhere. Watford on the other hand, may try his hand at the NBA. Don't be surprise if he doesn't test the waters like Michigan's Trey Burke is. I think Watford is a very good player and very versatile. I'm not sure he is a 1st round pick though and another year could only help him. My gut tells me he won't be back. Hope I'm wrong.

Game tonight was exhausting. The place was electric and the pace was crazy, especially in the 1st half. I'm not sure if the players needed halftime, but the fans did!

I was proud of the way IU played tonight and the whole season. There were a few bumps along the way, but I think most any IU fan will tell you they were ahead of schedule. The game tonight was very well played. Both teams combined for only 14 turnovers. That's 14 turnovers and 192 points scored.

IU lost for three reasons tonight...

1. FT's - Kentucky wouldn't miss. They hit 35-37 FT's and the 2nd of the two misses came in the final minute. They outscored IU from the line by 22 pts. IU lost by 12. Do the math.

2. IU has no answer for Kidd-Gilchrist. He killed us offensively, made plays on defense and hit all 10 FT's. Defensively, IU has no answer.

3. Rebounds - Anthony Davis playing the whole 2nd half opened up backside rebounds on missed shots. 2nd chances really hurt IU in the 2nd half. Without Davis' presence, IU rebounds with UK and there is no decisive advangtage.

It sucked the Hoosiers couldn't win it, but it was a helluva atmosphere and I'm glad I made the drive over!

That was one hell of a game. Saw a few reporters tweet that no one was even talking crap while walking out because of the game they just witnessed. Zeller is going nowhere, Watford may enter, but I don't think it would be a wise move.

What would make Indiana a top 3 team next year? A speedy, smart, McDonalds AA point guard and an athletic beast to put next to Zeller. What do they do? Add just that, and then some. Crazy how far IU has come. They are going to be disgusting next year if Watford returns. Probably the favorite to win the whole damn thing. Exciting times.

No one is stopping UK this year. They are incredible.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Mar 24, 2012 -> 09:53 AM)
That was one hell of a game. Saw a few reporters tweet that no one was even talking crap while walking out because of the game they just witnessed. Zeller is going nowhere, Watford may enter, but I don't think it would be a wise move.

What would make Indiana a top 3 team next year? A speedy, smart, McDonalds AA point guard and an athletic beast to put next to Zeller. What do they do? Add just that, and then some. Crazy how far IU has come. They are going to be disgusting next year if Watford returns. Probably the favorite to win the whole damn thing. Exciting times.

No one is stopping UK this year. They are incredible.

You're right. Kentucky fans knew they were in a battle and everybody was respectful after the have, even the asses seated in front of us. The guy behind me reached our, shook my hand and said we have them all they could handle. Many commented how IU was back and would be very gold next year. It was such a well played game and everyone on both sides respected that.