Sox @ Padres

justBLAZE

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 11:42 PM)
I was at the game (been to all the games) and that is exactly what I told my daughter. I doubt it would happen but it should. I also hate to admit it, but so far, I'm thinking the Tank may need another year at Charlotte.

Viciedo's a slow starter

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 04:44 PM)
Viciedo's a slow starter

I hope that's all it is because he looks lost at the plate. I know he's frustrated. He slammed his bat a couple of times in the dugout after striking out today.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 04:42 PM)
I was at the game (been to all the games) and that is exactly what I told my daughter. I doubt it would happen but it should. I also hate to admit it, but so far, I'm thinking the Tank may need another year at Charlotte.

I hope not . The Sox really need him to be good.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 03:52 PM)
Goodbye, Mitchell.

Off to minor league camp for you.

You never, ever, try to steal 2B down by this many runs in the 9th unless you're 100% sure you're going to get the bag.

Maybe those same rules don't apply in spring training but I'm sure he will be back in the minors regardless.

It's reminiscent of the kind of bone-headed play that Rios made over and over against last year and faced what consequence from Ozzie....a mini-benching for 1 or 2 games that disappeared as if it had never happened.

Then Lillibridge makes ONE similar play in CF (letting a runner score from 1st on a long long single) and Ozzie's all over him about it...or pinch-hitting Dunn for him when Brent had been hot.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 08:15 PM)
I hope not . The Sox really need him to be good.

He'll start off slow in April and then the Sox will start regularly benching him/platooning him, and then it won't take long before his preparedness suffers and his struggles get extended.

It's the White Sox way.

If Viciedo doesn't put up an 800 OPS and 20+ homers and 75+ RBI's, this team is nearly sunk for the future, almost irrespective of what Dunn/Rios/Beckham do.

I suppose it's possible to imagine the White Sox competing with Fukudome and/or Lillibridge starting (for Viciedo) and the DUBIOUS 3 all contributing (along with Morel) at an All-Star level with the bat, but I'm not buying it.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 09:46 PM)
He turned three DP's ysterday I think and then made an error. He is getting SS down again after being in the OF almost all last year. He will do fine IMO

Lilly turned into a good outfielder. He was good out there.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 10:28 PM)
Lilly turned into a good outfielder. He was good out there.

The problem is that Fukudome was signed to be the 4th OF for now.

Ventura wants to play Lillibridge at 3B/SS/2B.

And it's true, they did need some more left-handed balance from the bench.