Little League Season Saved by Strip Club

hogan873

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-p...-114729592.html

I imagine on a message board with a majority population of guys, the ruling consensus would not have a problem with a little league club taking a donation from a strip club. But, does anyone see anything wrong with this? I say a donation is a donation. Strip clubs are legitmate businesses (for the most part). I wonder if there were any parents that refused to let their kids play?

On the news this morning they interviewed the league president and he said they would be returning the money. At first I thought that was dumb, but seeing as it became a big news story (national play) and it's only $1200 bucks, I bet someone else will pony up the money for the PR boost.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

This

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 10:55 AM)
The alternative is no little league season, right? Kids benefit. No harm no foul.

And this.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 11:03 AM)
On the news this morning they interviewed the league president and he said they would be returning the money. At first I thought that was dumb, but seeing as it became a big news story (national play) and it's only $1200 bucks, I bet someone else will pony up the money for the PR boost.

When I was working for the Boy Scouts of America we could not, and would not even consider, accepting donations from companies that promoted products that would be harmful to people, especially kids. It was usually beer companies that had logo stuff they would offer to us. (I'm not saying strip bars are harmful to kids)

I'm not certain how many parents would want their daughters playing in a league that was sponsored by a strip club. Better would have been for one of the owners to donate in their name(s). One of our largest benefactors owns a beer distributor and another owns a grill and bar.

QUOTE (Tex @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 04:32 PM)
When I was working for the Boy Scouts of America we could not, and would not even consider, accepting donations from companies that promoted products that would be harmful to people, especially kids. It was usually beer companies that had logo stuff they would offer to us. (I'm not saying strip bars are harmful to kids)

McDonalds?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 16, 2012 -> 11:08 AM)
McDonalds?

We never approached fast food however one of our other biggest benefactors owns several Burger Kings. He donates in his name, serves on our board, is a past board president, etc.

I'm not certain I would compare fast food to a strip club. The better stone to cast would be the NRA and gun manufactures