Angels vs. White Sox @ Camelback

BigEdWalsh

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This team is flat. Something needs to be done now. The regular line up needs to be out there more and for longer. Don't give me this "it's early in spring training. Give them another week" crap. I heard the same stuff the last few seasons and those worked out splendidly.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 14, 2012 -> 10:28 PM)
He called off Saladino at 2B. Then he dropped the ball.

Albert with his 2nd homer, this time off Anthony Carter.

We don't need 25 pitchers in camp anymore.

Based on performances by our pitching so far we may need 50 pitchers in camp :lolhitting

QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 14, 2012 -> 09:33 PM)
This team is flat. Something needs to be done now. The regular line up needs to be out there more and for longer. Don't give me this "it's early in spring training. Give them another week" crap. I heard the same stuff the last few seasons and those worked out splendidly.

To be honest, I just don't think they're very good. They'll play better than they are in Spring Training, but this current roster as constructed has no business competing for the division. Very, very little room for error with this roster.

QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 14, 2012 -> 09:33 PM)

Also, I never really got on board with the whole "Ozzie handled Spring Training poorly, which is why the Sox got out of the gates poorly". Didn't seem to impact the team when they score two touchdowns in the first 4 innings on opening day last year. If Juan Pierre could have caught routine fly balls, the first few weeks would have been pretty solid last year. Spring Training records literally mean nothing. The Sox are probably going to struggle in Spring Training more than most teams due to the absolutely lack of depth in the minors, and these are the players that end up playing about half of all Spring Training innings.

Edited by fathom

Molina gets the double play ball with the split finger pitch.

No, he's not a closer. Nice to see him at least not crumbling this time. For how good his control was in the minors last year, it has sure been spotty in big league camp.

Rios failed with RISP again, although the runner should have been going on the contact play and scored from 3rd.

Escobar killing Martinez in the infield utility spot competition. One of the few bright spots, so far.

Molina throwing a slider-esque version of the split finger, according to Melton. A pitch "he's never seen before in his life." Haha.

Thornton looked good. Sale recovered from the homer.

Perhaps most importantly, Dunn is showing signs of being a totally different player this spring.

Edited by caulfield12