White Sox vs. Indians @ Goodyear

BigEdWalsh

Top 6: Have to go after this half-inning. Pinch hitting should be starting soon anyway.

Wheeler in to pitch.

Beckham strikes out on a high fastball.

De Aza bounces out to 2b. Strike zone is weird today, especially on De Aza, but I guess it's spring training for everyone, right? De Aza looks uncomfortable for reasons other than umpiring, though, so no excuses.

AJ pulls a homer to right, which bounces just above the yellow line on the fence. Woohoo!

Rios immediately spanks one into the left field corner for a double. He advances to 3b on a ball in the dirt that gets away from Santana. No wait, not Santana. Whoever replaced him defensively. Carlin? Anyway, next pitch is in the dirt, too, and Rios comes home safely. Tie game!

Fukudome really battles back from a quick two-strike count to draw the walk, with those pass balls in between. He's on a mission to dominate his former team! Or, it's a coincidence. The second one.

Indians get their vengeance as Fukudome is caught stealing on a pitch out. Better now than April, right? Amiright?

Edited by ScottyDo

QUOTE (forrestg @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 05:36 PM)
My cub friend says he always starts out hot in april prelude to whats coming

Viciedo does seem like the type that won't make any sense throughout his career. He'll probably hit .150 in spring, and go 3-4 on opening day.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 06:50 PM)
Danks vs Lewis

Peavy vs Darvish

Floyd vs Holland

Let's win opening day, and then hope.

I think I heard Darvish will be used for Game 3, so ESPN can gush over him on Sunday Night Baseball. And living outside of local viewing range (yet still blacked out, ugh), I would like to see it.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 02:38 PM)
12-3 Indians, going to the 8th.

3-9 after 12 games. b****in'.

Spring training means nothing. I remember one season the Raiders (my favorite football team) went 4-0 in the preseason, Art Shell's first season back as head coach. It got everyone excited, we were going to be the raiders of old, kicking ass and taking names, they went on to go 2-14 that year and played like a high school team. Since then I just can't give a damn about anything that happens before the season starts in any sport.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 10:04 PM)
Spring training means nothing. I remember one season the Raiders (my favorite football team) went 4-0 in the preseason, Art Shell's first season back as head coach. It got everyone excited, we were going to be the raiders of old, kicking ass and taking names, they went on to go 2-14 that year and played like a high school team. Since then I just can't give a damn about anything that happens before the season starts in any sport.

Spring training means nothing as long as they don't have a slow start.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Mar 16, 2012 -> 12:04 AM)

The couple HR for Adam Dunn hopefully are giving him a confidence boost.