3/17 vs Mariners

flavum

Any word on Peavy's velocity?

I saw a tweet mentioning that the movement he had today would be useful if he doesn't get his velo back -- didn't know if that meant he hasn't gotten it back or if it was speculation that he may not get it back.

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 17, 2012 -> 06:03 PM)
Any word on Peavy's velocity?

I saw a tweet mentioning that the movement he had today would be useful if he doesn't get his velo back -- didn't know if that meant he hasn't gotten it back or if it was speculation that he may not get it back.

i doubt he'll get it all the way back, but whoever tweeted was right. the movement today was great and he was hitting his spots with pinpoint accuracy. as long as he does that it doesn't matter if it's minor leaguers or major leaguers, he'll get them out.

He had to at least be in the lower 90's, because nobody was pulling the ball on his FB.

The question is not whether he can throw 93-96 ever again (he did that a number of times last year, like the Cubs' game), it's whether it is wise to do that and how much movement he gives up at that velocity.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 17, 2012 -> 09:02 PM)
He had to at least be in the lower 90's, because nobody was pulling the ball on his FB.

The question is not whether he can throw 93-96 ever again (he did that a number of times last year, like the Cubs' game), it's whether it is wise to do that and how much movement he gives up at that velocity.

It'd be cool if he could reach back 10 times a game for that 95. I'm happy if he's learned to not depend on it...like a reinvention of his style.

I still find it hilarious how everyone is writing the team off based upon spring training. If you want to write the team off, do it because you don't think the team has enough talent. And that is quite likely the case but anything can happen and I certainly don't let spring (unless it is injuries) impact my opinion.

I will however say that I like what I've heard from Ventura thus far. I still can't believe what an unprofessional clown Ozzie was.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 18, 2012 -> 04:44 AM)
I still find it hilarious how everyone is writing the team off based upon spring training. If you want to write the team off, do it because you don't think the team has enough talent. And that is quite likely the case but anything can happen and I certainly don't let spring (unless it is injuries) impact my opinion.

I will however say that I like what I've heard from Ventura thus far. I still can't believe what an unprofessional clown Ozzie was.

I still can't believe people write sentences like the last sentence of your post.

It forces people like me to respond and yet I'm considered the troll.

Ozzie was not and is not a clown. He arguably is the best manager in White Sox history. The Sox have replaced him with a guy who has zero experience. Yet he is one of the most noncontroversial individuals in baseball history in terms of the things he says. So he'll be perfect.

Perfect as our team gets zero media attention this year.

Go Sox. Go Oz!

Edited by greg775