Sox/Reds game thread ST 3-19

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 04:33 PM)
Ventura already said its between Crain and Thornton..

That was a while back. I haven't seen any recent quotes on that. I'm still holding out that they'll do the right thing in the end...which is to use Reed as a closer and Thornton and Crain as set up guys. It definitely won't be Crain.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 05:37 PM)
That was a while back. I haven't seen any recent quotes on that. I'm still holding out that they'll do the right thing in the end...which is to use Reed as a closer and Thornton and Crain as set up guys. It definitely won't be Crain.

I think it's more about not throwing a rookie in to the fire and putting the pressure on him. I think Ventura knows it should be Crain-Thornton-Reed for the 7th-8th-9th, but I think he wants to see the veterans fail before he gives the rookie a shot. Not that I agree, but I think that's his thinking.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 04:34 PM)
First Peavy now Sale....with the weather in Chicago the way it has been, the four horsemen of the apocalypse have to be getting saddled up.

LOL!!!!! Well put. I'd agree with that...

When Dunn starts slap-hitting oppo field singles, then you know the end is near...

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 03:09 PM)
Saladino doesn't get over to 1B on a bunt play. I still don't know why he was added to the major league camp.

The throw from Johnson was a bit slow also . Wasn't that good of a bunt. Good enough for the RBI not good enough for a hit though thats the way it was scored.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 19, 2012 -> 10:09 PM)
Saladino doesn't get over to 1B on a bunt play. I still don't know why he was added to the major league camp.

For seasoning and an atta boy from Ventura who seems to like the kid