Fox Sues Al Franken

LowerCaseRepublican

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp...20030616NYET159

Fox sued the former ``Saturday Night Live'' performer and his publisher, the Penguin Group, to stop them from including ``fair and balanced'' in the title of his upcoming book.

Filed Monday in State Supreme Court in Manhattan, the trademark infringement lawsuit seeks to force Penguin to rename ``Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right,'' scheduled for release next month. It also asks for unspecified damages.

In its court papers, Fox described the author and liberal commentator as "neither a journalist nor a television news personality. He is not a well-respected voice in American politics; rather, he appears to be shrill and unstable. His views lack any serious depth or insight.''

Fox alleged that Franken was "either intoxicated or deranged'' when he attacked the network and conservative host Bill O'Reilly at an April press correspondents dinner. The lawsuit also says that Franken has been described as "increasingly unfunny.''

As far as the personal attacks go,'' Franken responded, "when I read `intoxicated or deranged' and 'shrill and unstable' in their complaint, I thought for a moment I was a Fox commentator.

And by the way, a few months ago, I trademarked the word `funny.' So when Fox calls me 'unfunny,' they're violating my trademark. I am seriously considering a countersuit.''

First FOX files a lawsuit against agitproperties.com for making these 2 shirts:

2719244_F_store.jpg

prod-shirt-OREIL.jpg

And now they are suing Franken over "Fair and balanced". Just admit you're a bunch of pro-Bush whores and stop with the fair and balanced garbage, okay FOX?