Illinois Votes

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 21, 2012 -> 10:26 AM)
They go door to door in some places. They've annoyed me like this, too.

Wow, I didn't think anyone sold anything door to door anymore. The only people who have come to our door in recent years are not-for-profit types or political staff/politicians.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 21, 2012 -> 10:36 AM)
Wow, I didn't think anyone sold anything door to door anymore. The only people who have come to our door in recent years are not-for-profit types or political staff/politicians.

I have gotten the gas company ones (we aren't dereg'd for electricity yet)

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 21, 2012 -> 10:20 AM)
Well, if your village passed it, they would change you over, and I think they'd stop harassing you. So why vote no?

Also... I've never gotten a call from any of them. Just some occasional junk in the mail. Are you not on the do-not-call list?

It's not my personal number they call me on, it's my business number. (which is in a different suburb that didn't have this referendum on the ballot) I answer most phone calls at our shop, and at least once a week I hear "Can I speak with the person in charge of the ComEd bill?" (which I am). No matter what I say, they just haggle me about how much they will save me, but how they aren't selling anything or switching anything. As far as I know, business phone numbers are not allowed on the do-not-call list.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 21, 2012 -> 10:44 AM)
It's not my personal number they call me on, it's my business number. (which is in a different suburb that didn't have this referendum on the ballot) I answer most phone calls at our shop, and at least once a week I hear "Can I speak with the person in charge of the ComEd bill?" (which I am). No matter what I say, they just haggle me about how much they will save me, but how they aren't selling anything or switching anything. As far as I know, business phone numbers are not allowed on the do-not-call list.

Ah, OK. Hadn't considered the business end of things.