Trayvon Martin

StrangeSox

QUOTE (mr_genius @ May 27, 2012 -> 09:32 PM)
Doesn't surprise me. Drug dealing at school, breaking into houses, involved in illegal underground street fighting, attacking Zim and bashing his head in the cement; all pieces of the puzzle.

Where did this one come from?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 27, 2012 -> 10:43 PM)
Presumed innocent... only if it justifies your side of the law.

Seriously, either give me some report of the kid being involved in a break in or go away, because that's a claim I never saw.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/05/26/miami...-1-dead-1-hurt/

MIAMI (WSVN) -- Disturbing new details and surveillance video have been released in the fatal police involved shooting off a causeway that involved naked men and cannibalism.

While Larry Vega rode his bicycle off the MacArthur Causeway on Saturday afternoon, he witnessed something that can only be described as savage: a naked man chewed off the face of another naked man. "And the guy was like tearing him to pieces with his mouth, so I told him, 'Get off!'" he said. "You know it's like the guy just kept eating the other guy away like ripping his skin."

Upon witnessing what he describes as a scene out of a horror movie, Vega managed to flag down a Miami Police officer. "Police officer came over, told him several times to get off and a police officer climbed over the divider and got in front of him and said, 'Get off!' And told him several times and the guy just stood his head up like that with a piece of flesh in his mouth and growled," said Vega.

Read more: http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21.../#ixzz1w83O08lT

I know certain posters here will not agree with this, but we need Zim now more than ever...zombie apocolypse has begun.

QUOTE (Tex @ May 27, 2012 -> 06:02 PM)
I thought the ride alongs were over. I am thinking of the quotes about him always calling over every little thing he saw. I guess my impressions are off from the facts. Damn liberal media.

Well, since the recording of the meeting at which he described the ride along is from January 2011, they could still have been over for a while.

George Zimmerman's bail has been revoked and he has been ordered back to prison following the judge declaring that he had lied to the court.

(The 2 details on the lying to the court concern the granting of his previous bail. He was ordered to surrender his passport, which he did, but then he "Discovered" that he had a second passport and turned that over late. The Judge would have let him slide on that, but he also had pulled in nearly $200k from that weird website he set up a few months ago, and failed to disclose that income to either his attorneys or to the judge when the first bail hearing took place.)

So the judge AND prosecutors are completely ignorant and hod NO idea of funds going to the website or even the website itself before this? Everyone here knew he had a website set up and was getting money, even if we didn't know how much. If the money is there for legal defense I see no reason why this has to be considered his for bail purposes.

edit: Although I will admit that the 'coded' conversations were pretty damn lame and serve no purpose except to make him look bad. COuld have had that conversation with his lawyer present and they couldn't have listened in.

Edited by Alpha Dog

At the same time, why did he choose not to disclose it? Seems pretty stupid since we would all find out about it anyways. If he tells the court about this, he isn't sitting in jail.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 3, 2012 -> 06:23 PM)
At the same time, why did he choose not to disclose it? Seems pretty stupid since we would all find out about it anyways. If he tells the court about this, he isn't sitting in jail.

Probably for the same reason he's done all the other foolish things he's done.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 3, 2012 -> 08:23 PM)

According to the court, it wasn't just "Refusing to disclose it". They have him recorded talking to his wife on the phone and being vague to the point of almost talking in code, things like talking about "15" as standing in for $150,000 or something like that. THe passport, that's plausibly forgetting to disclose.

As if this case wasn't surreal enough.

Harvard Professor and political talking head Alan Dershowitz is alleging that the special prosecutor, Angela Corey, (the woman who decided to press charges) called him and spent 40 minutes berating him and threatening to file defamation charges against him and Harvard in response to his comments on her and the case. (Assuming that happened and that he didn't make it up, which would make this even more surreal, that would make her a fool, because she'd clearly have no concept of how high the bar would be to file those type of suits against a university professor talking about another public figure or against the university itself).

Oh, and study out of Texas A&M finds statistically significant 7 to 9 % increase in homicide rate associated with establishment of "Stand your Ground" laws, with no statistically significant impacts on other crimes (burglary, assault, etc.) That translates to ~ 500 to 700 additional homicides per year across the 23 states that currently have passed that law. They conclude that the presence of those laws lowers the expected consequences of using deadly force, leading to greater use of it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 05:52 PM)
Oh, and study out of Texas A&M finds statistically significant 7 to 9 % increase in homicide rate associated with establishment of "Stand your Ground" laws, with no statistically significant impacts on other crimes (burglary, assault, etc.) That translates to ~ 500 to 700 additional homicides per year across the 23 states that currently have passed that law. They conclude that the presence of those laws lowers the expected consequences of using deadly force, leading to greater use of it.

Do they charge a potential killer with murder if the potential victim kills them first? If you kill a burglar, does the now dead burglar get charged with burglary? I don't think so.

Don't defend yourself and get killed - rising murder rates.

Defend yourself, kill the criminal, stagnant or lower crime rates.

I am seeing 700 criminals being removed from society at the bargain basement price of a bullet.

People, take back your neighborhoods. Stand and defend don't hide from criminals.

We have a fundamental difference with our belief in humans.

I believe humans are imperfect and prone to mistakes. A bullet is also a cheap price for an innocent victim who is killed when someone misses their intended target.

1 innocent life is not worth 700 criminals.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 11:31 AM)
We have a fundamental difference with our belief in humans.

I believe humans are imperfect and prone to mistakes. A bullet is also a cheap price for an innocent victim who is killed when someone misses their intended target.

1 innocent life is not worth 700 criminals.

And what are the odds those 700 criminals will take an innocent life if they're still around?