Reinsdorf key player blocking Moorad's ownership

caulfield12

All that remains is for John Moores, who still owns 51 percent of the team (with Moorad's group owning the other 49), to find a new buyer, one who can get MLB approval.

It's probably better if he finds one who wasn't a player agent, as Moorad was. It's definitely better for him to find one who hasn't annoyed other owners, as Moorad had.

According to sources, Moorad had two strong voices campaigning against him, in White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf and Diamondbacks owner Ken Kendrick. Moorad was a limited partner of Kendrick's before leaving to buy the Padres, and the breakup didn't go well.

With Reinsdorf and Kendrick strongly opposing him, Moorad faced an uphill battle to get the 22 votes he needed, as CBSSports.com colleague Jon Heyman wrote last week. Sources now tell Heyman that even Moorad's relationship with Moores has soured.

Moores figures to come out of this all right, and probably even richer. The strong bidding for the Dodgers has raised expectations for the sale price of major-league teams, and there's even the possibility that some losing bidders with the Dodgers could turn to the Padres.

Moorad's contract with Moores gave him another two years to complete the sale i.e. get the votes he needed. But he wasn't getting them, not now and not two years from now.

To get in the club he needed approval from those already in.

They didn't want him in.

http://www.cbssports.com

Yeah, JR is almost like a co-commissioner at this point with Uncle Bud. I know he was big in who got to, or who didn't get to, buy the Cubs.

Kind of not on topic, I really appreciate what JR has done for the White Sox and the Bulls, but with the line of new, fresh owners lining up to buy ball clubs, I'm thinking it's about time for JR to sell it. I know due to circumstances Sox won't get an astronomical price like LAD and such, but with a favorable stadium deal and 1/4 of a network, I'm sure they would attract a decent bid.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 23, 2012 -> 11:16 AM)
Yeah, JR is almost like a co-commissioner at this point with Uncle Bud. I know he was big in who got to, or who didn't get to, buy the Cubs.

Kind of not on topic, I really appreciate what JR has done for the White Sox and the Bulls, but with the line of new, fresh owners lining up to buy ball clubs, I'm thinking it's about time for JR to sell it. I know due to circumstances Sox won't get an astronomical price like LAD and such, but with a favorable stadium deal and 1/4 of a network, I'm sure they would attract a decent bid.

JR does not own the Sox.

JR has won more championships than any owner not named Jerry Busse in professional sports.

JR has won more combined games as an owner than any other current owner in professional sports. ( I made that one up.)

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Mar 23, 2012 -> 12:11 PM)
JR does not own the Sox.

JR has won more championships than any owner not named Jerry Busse in professional sports.

JR has won more combined games as an owner than any other current owner in professional sports. ( I made that one up.)

If your first sentence is true, your last 2 cannot be true.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Mar 23, 2012 -> 12:11 PM)
JR does not own the Sox.

last i checked, JR has owned the sox for a long period of time

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 23, 2012 -> 02:02 PM)
He doesn't have majority stake but represents the group of Sox owners.

Your right i was using JR as a the head of current ownership since that is what he is, he is the public face. Again, I fully realize and acknowledged what he and his ownership groups have done for Chicago sports. However as weird as it is to say coming off a WS win seven years ago, I am not thrilled with how the Sox have been handled lately... Probably unfair, but it is how I feel.